Thread: Real life automated "Sentry Gun" - now in Paintball but will anyone put a live gun on it?

Real life automated "Sentry Gun" - now in Paintball but will anyone put a live gun on it?

I'm thinking war time security measures in 'hot zones', or zombie apocalypse or when ALIENS attack. Right? This guy makes this laser ranged / motion detector auto gun system (right now for paintball guns) but it technically has military / applications for complete refusal of way in a battlefield. It is non discriminatory so it's not good for Civilians or Friendlies mixing in with BAD GUYS, but it's like a mine field. Complete and lethal blocking of a particular avenue to an enemy. I'm just wary of the "Skynet" implications

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That's pretty cool.

A lot of those misses wouldn't happen if that were a real gun shooting real bullets.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It's a great deterrent for CRITTERS! Raccoons and skunks are my plague right now. It's non lethal and definitely will keep ALL unwanted critters away! (the paintball or airsoft version that is). I would only use the non lethal version if I were to actually put it on my property for animal deterrent.

That is pretty cool. Now, didn't Lynx have a jeep like that??????

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    It's a great deterrent for CRITTERS! Raccoons and skunks are my plague right now. It's non lethal and definitely will keep ALL unwanted critters away! (the paintball or airsoft version that is). I would only use the non lethal version if I were to actually put it on my property for animal deterrent.
    Load it with pepper spray paintballs and point it into an entryway. It will alert you someone broke in, and soften them up for your response.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

old vids, way back to 2003.

Setry gun aint shit unless it's a level 3, but I"ll still sap it.

In real life

heres some info, the *** ***** ******** ********** had a company that had this same system set up that ran FN240's . Program was that ******** **** set up to their *************** positions and anything in the affected area got hosed down with 762- Up to the M3 .50 cal with an adjusted ROF to 1500rpm. Didnt pan out, the **** ************** just got access to more potent 40mm and laser/night vision equipment.

Dont like the *** , Blame OPSEC and disclosure.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    old vids, way back to 2003.

Setry gun aint shit unless it's a level 3, but I"ll still sap it.

In real life

heres some info, the *** ***** ******** ********** had a company that had this same system set up that ran FN240's . Program was that ******** **** set up to their *************** positions and anything in the affected area got hosed down with 762- Up to the M3 .50 cal with an adjusted ROF to 1500rpm. Didnt pan out, the **** ************** just got access to more potent 40mm and laser/night vision equipment.

Dont like the *** , Blame OPSEC and disclosure.

Wrong, it's 2008. And they've updated their product. see here.
    http://realsentrygun.com/

If you can't talk about it, then don't bother posting it LOL.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    That is pretty cool. Now, didn't Lynx have a jeep like that??????
    Pretty close to it . What happened to him, i miss his fixer-upper-restoration threads he posted, did a pretty good job on that M1009 project,

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Pretty close to it . What happened to him, i miss his fixer-upper-restoration threads he posted, did a pretty good job on that M1009 project,
    I see him post at arf some times. But that is about all I know.

That will take care of your Back Door Lover!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Wrong, it's 2008. And they've updated their product. see here.
    http://realsentrygun.com/

If you can't talk about it, then don't bother posting it LOL.
    While i can see a purpose for one of those, i would rather have one with some mobility, say a quad copter with target tracking capability and a G17 with a 33 rnd mag

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    While i can see a purpose for one of those, i would rather have one with some mobility, say a quad copter with target tracking capability and a G17 with a 33 rnd mag
    I'm not sure that's wise. A mobile sentry gun that shoots at EVERTHING that moves? I think it's a bit TOO much randomness and 'lack of human control' for a moving platform. That's some serious SKYNET stuff right there.

I do like it for security and non lethal deterrent. And of course, lethal live fire if you have super Apes (Congo) or Aliens (ALIENS) attacking you or just any Zombie apocalypse. But even in a Military/Law Enforcement application, it's too 'out of your control' and the risk of engaging 'friendlies' is too high. You still need the 'human' decision making capability.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Didn't the Navy develop some kind of chain gun that was supposed to automatically target incoming missiles and get them before they got too close?

IIRC, their first attempt didn't go so well as it targeted a fan in an on deck latrine and shot out the whole roof. (I'd hate to have been the guy who turned the fan on...probably got a big surprise when he flipped the switch.)
    Last edited by alismith; 04-25-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

They Do have as such a thing, and they are also used against aircraft.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...g_exercise.jpg

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    They Do have as such a thing, and they are also used against aircraft.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...g_exercise.jpg

BISHOP
    However, there is no way that ANY fixed Naval Phalanx CIWS was ever in danger of shooting down civilians walking down the street LOL That's a military AA platform that targets fast moving incoming targets like shells, missiles or aircraft. I think Davepool's idea is intriguing, but way WAY too dangerous to be flying around anyone's neighborhood with live munitions. A flying drone in my neighborhood with a firearm that targets ANY movement? Nope, sorry

This style of sentry gun has been around since 2003, earlier in Mil tests.

I ain't exposing shit unless you got a suitcase of $100 bills.

Whole fear was of EXOCET missiles since the Falklands war. Naval Phalanx guns are made shoot targets that travel at this speed. That's one thing Iran has been trying to beat . Even though we have something like 2340 pre-programmed targets on them already.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    I ain't exposing shit unless you got a suitcase of $100 bills.
    Um no kidding HAHAHAHA. My point was "If you have to redact half of what you post, then don't bother posting it". LOL. I wasn't saying to post something you weren't supposed to talk about. In fact you shouldn't so we're in agreement there.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Those would be perfect for the Zombie Apocalypse or the collapse of the Government welfare system.