Thread: Well done Australian Shark Movie: The Reef

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up Well done Australian Shark Movie: The Reef

The Reef is a Movie from 2010 about a True Story from 1983. It was an Australian Movie. and The Great White Shark's in the Film were all Real! I had put it in my Movie List from Netflix. It takes Place at the Great Barrier Reef of Australia. 5 Friends go out on a Vacation Cruse on large Sail Boat. They hit a large Reef that Tears the Keel off the Boat, causing it to Roll over. For awhile they were on the top of the Capsized Boat, then decided to try to swim 10 Mile's back to the nearest Land. One Man stayed behind on the Boat A large Great White Shark follow's them back to Land, slowly picking them off one by one. For an unknown Australian DVD it was well made and kept you on the edge of your Seat. I gave it 5 Star's The Move was very believable , and filmed in the Open Water Not sure how big he was, but it was a large Male Great White. One sad memorial Scene, one of the Men had his Leg Bit off, as he bled out, he kept saying, you need to get away from me! He's going to come back! as he sadly Died in his Wife's Arms. Well worth watching!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have Netflix, too. Gonna check that one out, although Jaws kind of spoiled me on shark movies.

Another good shark movie was Deep Blue Sea.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I saw it a long time ago and thought it was decent. Open Water creeped me out big time and can't bring myself to watch Open Water-2

Guy! Open Water 2 is a Joke about Idolt's who Jump off their Sailboat and forgot to deploy the Ladder on the Side! There is no Shark's in the whole Movie! Just a bunch of College Kids who were too stupid to stay alive! If you know what I mean. They were in the Water next to a perfectly good Sailboat, and could not get back onboard! That is all it is. and they slowly Die off from their Stupidity! Dumb Film. Not scary at all!

Thanks for taking a hit for the team Hobe

If you want some Laughs at Stupid Liberal's this is your Movie! (Open Water-2) Dumb Film in every way.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Shark movis have ruined my enjoyment of swimming in the ocean. I know that is silly, but t it is what it is.