Thread: AMD-65 Barrel extension ...

AMD-65 Barrel extension ...

So I've got this ghost gun I built from a AMD-65 kit several years ago ... built into a pistol because I wanted to use the original barrel and I didn't like the barrel extension kit Crapco had ... Now I'm thinking of building it into a carbine because I saw a fake can/barrel extension this guy on GunBroker was selling ... it's solid alumunim and looks like a booster/suppressor. The ones he has listed are 7" or 9" and made for the M and N PAP pistols or the bulgarian pistols but I contacted him and he said he could make one 4.25" so I'd have a barrel length of 16.25" ... they are about 2-3 times the plain cylinder fake cans are but thats not the look I was after.

Here's a link to one of his current auctions if you want more info ... I haven't put a finish on it yet, or put a regular stock on it because while I have plenty of NFA toys ... this was built to be a ghost and I just don't want to register it.

Anyone want to offer their thoughts?

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Looks much better than the big ugly muzzle brake, still sucks that this has to be done though (pesky NFA horse shit). Slap a proper stock on that bad boy and call it good!

Curious why you built an AMD65, but didn't use AMD65 furniture and grips?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Cool muzzle device. Being aluminum I would consider having it anodized in either black or dark gray.

I have a longer version of that on my Krinkov to make the barrel legal length.
    Mine is anodized black and came from Arsenal (its marked so) but I don't know who sold it ( I got it 8 yeas ago at the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot).

Its a copy of a Russian Suppressor. According to my internet finds: It was $125 and soemtimes sold at K-Var.

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

How do you permanently fix it in place, blind pin system?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Looks much better than the big ugly muzzle brake, still sucks that this has to be done though (pesky NFA horse shit). Slap a proper stock on that bad boy and call it good!

Curious why you built an AMD65, but didn't use AMD65 furniture and grips?
    Being a pistol it's a little front-end heavy and without registering it as an AOW I couldn't put a front grip on it ... I suppose I could use an AFG and that's still an option as I still have the original furniture ... As you said; pesky NFA

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Cool muzzle device. Being aluminum I would consider having it anodized in either black or dark gray.
    Anodizing is what I was thinking too, I've also got a longer one for the .223 PAP M85, a couple 1911 alloy frames with stainless slides that I want to make two-tone and a couple other items I'd like to have anodized, this piece may push me over the edge and get them all done ... can you recommend a company to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I have a longer version of that on my Krinkov to make the barrel legal length.
    Mine is anodized black and came from Arsenal (its marked so) but I don't know who sold it ( I got it 8 yeas ago at the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot).

Its a copy of a Russian Suppressor. According to my internet finds: It was $125 and soemtimes sold at K-Var.

BISHOP
    I've got one for my M85 pistol from the same guy I got this one to get to 16" while waiting on my stamp but then I was having health issues and didn't get around to having it pinned on ... now that my stamp is here I don't need to worry about it. That's about the same price I paid including shipping, but not anodized.

This isn't mine, but it's just like it ... mine is painted with some of that baked on Molly paint but it's gotten a few scratches so I'm not to satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    How do you permanently fix it in place, blind pin system?
    Yep, being aluminum that's the only method I'm aware of.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-10-2015 at 11:06 AM.