Thread: Beretta 87 info needed

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Beretta 87 info needed

From what I can tell Beretta made these starting in 1999 and discontinued them at some point however, there are reports of 2015 dated models showing up on gun auction sites. Can't tell when this one was made. I ran across this on at a local auction site and was wondering what the history of them is as far as, were they U.S or Italian made, accuracy, reliability, price, etc? I would expect them to come with two mags which this one might as it looks like the auction house cropped the left side of the photo where a second mag might be in the case. TIA.

I did find new production ones which would run about $1000 with shipping and transfer so I guess this one might be worth about the same?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/958610428...22-LR.htm?wl=1

The new one shows it's made in Italy so I presume the one I'm considering must have been as well unless Beretta moved production back overseas.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 05-08-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I have no knowledge of this weapon. Never really like Beretta weapons, never studied them or owned one. That one reminds me of the original Robo Cop's handgun.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I don't know a thing about them but just from looking at it, it looks a bit front heavy but, being a .22 LR, I could be wrong. Unless it has some kind of collector value, $1,000 for a .22 handgun sounds a little steep to me.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars