Thread: Getting rid of my Sig Sauer?

Getting rid of my Sig Sauer?

I want a small/compact .45. I really like the thought of Springfield's XDs subcompact
    and now with the Mod.2 I am really starting to lean that way. It seems to be, basically,
    the same design with twice the round count. I don't mind a striker fired poly handgun so that
    means I should consider a Glock, but I'm shy. I still after all this time do not like the fact of no
    physical safety.Say what you will or try to change my mind, if you wish, but there is something
    about it that bothers me.

I love my Sig, a fantastic handgun, but it does not fit me. The handgun is large, I have small
    hands, and a bit on the heavy side and neither of these two characteristics work well with
    carrying a concealed handgun. So I am thinking of selling my Sig and buying a Springfield-Armory
    XDs or the new Mod.2. If any of you are interested PM me, because we are talking the two SA .45's
    mentioned.

Your thoughts and comments on anything mentioned are welcome and wanted.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

What kind of SIG are you selling? Didn't send a PM as I thought this would just be good general information to have out there.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Uf you want to stay with SIG then take a look at the P320. They offer carry & sub-compact versions you might like. Just my $0.02.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    What kind of SIG are you selling? Didn't send a PM as I thought this would just be good general information to have out there.
    Curious here as well.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Sorry I guess that would be good info to have:
    E29R-40-BSS
    229 in .40 cal , black w/night sights.
    Less than 500 rounds shot.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229.aspx
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.

be the heat..

A P229R Elite for you non-SIG fans

The P320 is amazing.

Alas I have no knowledge when it comes to the Springfield pistols.
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 05-09-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

That P229R is one hell of a pistol. I'm a bit surprised you find it a poor fit. We had females and smaller male officers that shot well with it. Have you looked at a grip? Hogue makes one that I used and liked. In response to your question I would say look at the Glock 36 or 30S but you don't want a Glock. I think the XD MOD2 or the P320 are all you have left to choose from unless you want a 1911 subcompact.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

The 1911's are nice but I am put off by the weight. TEN-32 I could shoot well with it, my issue was when I pulled it I had to adjust my grip everytime.
    The area of the web in my hand was the concern, when I gripped it it was always canted to the right, making for another move to adjust my grip.
    I worked on it but I never got it quite right, I had to think of the grip at initiation just to be close.
    Does that make sense? I would like to try the Hogue grips but I think it is a width issue and if they are the same
    width..... I'll check into it.

Have you any knowledge of the SA .45's or the Sig 320?
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-09-2015 at 08:55 PM.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Uf you want to stay with SIG then take a look at the P320. They offer carry & sub-compact versions you might like. Just my $0.02.

Steve
    Well I happen to know your .02 is worth more. I will check them out.

be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Would you be afraid to carry a revolver? Because a Glock actually has 2 safeties built into the design. A middle trigger leaf that has to have your finger pressing on the trigger to allow the trigger to travel far enough to the rear to finish moving the firing pin block cylinder out of the notch in the firing pin so that it can then release. Also there is the over all travel length of a Glock trigger that is needed to get it to go of. Unlike some 1911 pistols that have very short trigger movement to launch a round.

But then there is your statement about hand size. Glocks are kind of fat but not as bad as a 92 Beretta. The newer gen of Glocks have scoop outs on either side of the grip where your thumb and trigger finger would fit.

Ultimately I would suggest before you run off to buy a Springfield or any other handgun, that you go to a range and rent what you're interested in and try it out. Don't know how close you are to Lawrenceville, GA but Bullseye Gun Range and store on Crogran street rents about many of the handgun brands they sell.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-10-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Have you any knowledge of the SA .45's or the Sig 320?
    I have shot the XDS and the XDM pistols. I like them. They shoot well. I don't like the grip safety. Never handled the P320. I handled the MOD2 in 9mm at a gun shop. Feels great. I would consider buying one but for that damn grip safety. I did think of one other gun that may fit your needs. The S&W M&P series. I have a Shield 9mm and I love it. Maybe the compact .45 would work for you.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

With a S/A D/A revolver if you do not cock the hammer the pull on the trigger, to fire a round, would be
    8, 9, 10 pounds. I do plan on trying all the models I can, but from what I have read the Sig 320 has basically
    the same type of safety as the Glock. What bothers you about the grip safety TEN-32? I have thought about
    the M&P, I need to check the specs for the grip width.

be the heat..

You would be doing yourself a severe disservice by not at least coon-fingering the Kahr. I never paid them much attention because I was a Glock guy, but I decided that I wanted a single stack 9mm (this was before Glock introduced the G43). I've never had a pistol fit my hand so well and point so naturally. All I ever carry now is the CW9 and CW380, but they make them in .45. Not sure what the .45 is going for, but I only paid $319 for the CW9.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5_6+1_45acp_36
    Last edited by Charliebravo; 05-20-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Thanx Cb. I would never consider a Kahr either. I will look at it. Could have bought a XDs Mod.2 yesterday morning on GB, nib, for 465. No bid buy now..
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-21-2015 at 12:38 AM.

be the heat..