Thread: I'm Not Sure this was Racist or a Statement of Fact

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I'm Not Sure this was Racist or a Statement of Fact

This person is being crucified for making a racist statement. I would like to know who were leaving before I decide it is racist or a statement of fact that people don't like. One is unacceptable, the other points out an act that should be unacceptable.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sch...ark/vi-BBjvsOj
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I watched it twice, couldn't understand the audio either time. I think they are saying the Valedictorian was overlooked by the speaker and not given the opportunity to delivery their commencement speech until the very end possibly? Oh and that that person, the Valedict. is a black kid and the speaker is white. Stone Mt. GA is very close by, about a 20 to 25 min. drive away.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

To offer an answer to the OP question: if you are a liberal, it was racist; if you are a realist, it was just a statement of fact. After all, there are White people and black people, so identifying one, or the other, based on the color of their skin, is just a statement of fact.

If all the White people got up and left, and the speaker said, "Look who's leaving, all the White people," that, too, is just a statement of fact.

Of course, the CMSM will spin this into a situation that demands some sort of protest or riot so they can have another event to cover and blow all out of proportion.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I watched it twice, couldn't understand the audio either time. I think they are saying the Valedictorian was overlooked by the speaker and not given the opportunity to delivery their commencement speech until the very end possibly? Oh and that that person, the Valedict. is a black kid and the speaker is white. Stone Mt. GA is very close by, about a 20 to 25 min. drive away.
    The woman said "and look whose leaving, all the black people." And then all the black people did get up. Based on that she did make a sweeping general statement because in the picture there are at least a few that were not leaving. I would like to know if the only people who were leaving before the valedictorian was allowed to speak were black. This tempers her statement, at least in my mind.

As for your question, from what I read the woman had forgotten to introduce the valedictorian so he was speaking out of order in the program. It is possible that the awarding of diplomas was complete so people were leaving. If the speaker had been introduced, as it sounds like had happened, and people refused to be quiet for the 5-10 minutes it would take for his speech, that is just rude and uncaring no matter what the color.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    To offer an answer to the OP question: if you are a liberal, it was racist; if you are a realist, it was just a statement of fact. After all, there are White people and black people, so identifying one, or the other, based on the color of their skin, is just a statement of fact.

If all the White people got up and left, and the speaker said, "Look who's leaving, all the White people," that, too, is just a statement of fact.

Of course, the CMSM will spin this into a situation that demands some sort of protest or riot so they can have another event to cover and blow all out of proportion.
    I do not think there is enough information to determine if it was a statement of fact or not. Actually, from the video it appears to at least be an exaggeration, as I stated above there are black people in the video that do not leave until after the statement is made.

Your second point is right on though. Instead of reporting what was happening that caused the outburst the MSM will focus on the outburst until the woman is required to resign. Their silence on the race of the people that were leaving makes me wonder if this is not like the articles of violence that leave out race if the race would be offended or embarrassed by the identification.

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    This person is being crucified for making a racist statement. I would like to know who were leaving before I decide it is racist or a statement of fact that people don't like. One is unacceptable, the other points out an act that should be unacceptable.

Theres some thought crime going on here, I'm sure of it!
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Well, it makes no difference what we think about her comment, the CMSM has taken up the "cause" and is setting out to make her the new pariah of White racism against blacks.

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/05/87...-nancy-gordeuk
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post

If blacks like Louis Farrakan can come out and plainly call for the murder of the white devil, then what happened in the video is nothing.

Remember though... only whites can be racist.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!