Thread: Troubled German gunmaker Heckler & Koch takes aim at US for sales

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Troubled German gunmaker Heckler & Koch takes aim at US for sales

After today, it's all historical.

IS HK the company that won't sell their rifles in the US?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

fuck these turds....
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    They hate us, refused to make the firearms we wanted when times were good, and now that they are going down, they decide to suddenly not hate us?

Sorry H&K, let me trip the lever and hear that flushing sound.

Guess they didn't make that much suing all the manufactures of the rifles that looked like the MP5 and versions, so now they decide there must be money here? Let them eat the dust on the firearms they wouldn't sell to those of us who shall not be infringed.

OK, so they ARE the douchbags. Reading the article you will realize that they are not changing their douhbag ways. They are STILL not going to sell their rifles here. They are planning on coming out with new models of handguns each year to sell in the US market.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

They are planning on coming out with new models of handguns each year to sell in the US market.

more ninja stuff that costs more than a glock AND has more plastic..

want my money, start making the old school HK pistols again.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

H&K has been positioning themselves for years to be the next Colt, and go out of business.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    H&K has been positioning themselves for years to be the next Colt, and go out of business.
    More evidence of the superiority of open market economics over centralized or nationalized industries. Colt tried to make themselves a de-facto state arsenal in a country with a relatively open market, and now they are paying the price.

But on the positive side, Colt rifles have being blown-out on online distributers for prices in the $850 range.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    fuck these turds....
    My same sentiments.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    More evidence of the superiority of open market economics over centralized or nationalized industries. Colt tried to make themselves a de-facto state arsenal in a country with a relatively open market, and now they are paying the price.

But on the positive side, Colt rifles have being blown-out on online distributers for prices in the $850 range.
    Yeah but I can go to my local gun shop and get M&P flat top carbines with BUIS on them for $599 plus tax. There isn't any magic in a Colt brand AR15 vs. anyone else's. 25 years ago, maybe there was, but now ... pffft!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    fuck these turds....
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yeah but I can go to my local gun shop and get M&P flat top carbines with BUIS on them for $599 plus tax. There isn't any magic in a Colt brand AR15 vs. anyone else's. 25 years ago, maybe there was, but now ... pffft!
    The $599 M&P must be the "sport" model.

I don't think $850 or so is bad for a "mil-spec" AR-15. I gravitate towards PSA and S&W-M&P, but Colt isn't a bad value at their current pricing.

A sporterized Colt M4 clone was like $1200 back in 2004, IIRC.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Here is a Colt M4 with a fancy custom mag-pul furniture set for $808 shipped: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...56+16+30+BNTHT

Thats about $150-200 more than what I could get a similar rifle ("Premium M4") from PSA for.

Quality of the parts should be similar from what I know, but with less likelyhood of a factory fuck-up from Colt. For example I once got an upper from PSA that had an incorrectly installed set of handguards. No biggie, it just seemed really unprofessional.

Hell Funky I can't get an account at PSA. Just won't let me set one up called them and they said
    "Try again", I did, it didn't work and they said "Try again" and I didn't.

That was a few months ago, I'll try again now and see what happens. Please hold.........

Ok just tried and it said I already have an account but I don't have a password written down for the site
    and I never accessed the site as a member. So I guess I got lost when they were updating their info.
    I am in now. Lets see what they have!
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-13-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Hell Funky I can't get an account at PSA. Just won't let me set one up called them and they said
    "Try again", I did, it didn't work and they said "Try again" and I didn't.

That was a few months ago, I'll try again now and see what happens. Please hold.........
    Don't you have any grandkids that can help you with the computer?

That would be Krupski.

You got jokes.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Here is a Colt M4 with a fancy custom mag-pul furniture set for $808 shipped: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...56+16+30+BNTHT

Thats about $150-200 more than what I could get a similar rifle ("Premium M4") from PSA for.

Quality of the parts should be similar from what I know, but with less likelyhood of a factory fuck-up from Colt. For example I once got an upper from PSA that had an incorrectly installed set of handguards. No biggie, it just seemed really unprofessional.
    How many 30 round magazines can you purchase with that cost difference? That's how I look at it.