Thread: Hey you old members who was

Hey you old members who was

Hopewell or Chief thunder?

Name popped up a couple of times on another forum said Hopewell moved here and..............

Chief Thunder (Keith Baranski) did get out and and showed up on Gunsnet.net. He first went under the handle "Hopewell" and after support of the forum reverted back to his orginal handle
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

iirc, chief thunder was a vendor of some sort that screwed lots of ppl over. iirc, sold lots of stuff cheap for a while, but then just disappeared and left with a lot of unfulfilled orders/. i could be wrong though.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Don't know of a Hopewell, Chief Thunder you already know the answer to what his real life name is. Aside from that I don't understand your post. I personally do not remember him ever coming back here after his jail time was over.

Do you have him confused with Informer from the old site ?

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Can't remember either one of them.....................
    Dan

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

As I recall Informer, Gary Guccioni was the "gunsmith" that took all those conversions in and never completed them. He as big on converting the Hungarian SA-2000M from single stack to double stack. A couple of members actually got a well done conversion back though I think it came out later he was actually farming out most of the work. Did my own conversion in about an hour so glad I never sent him anything. Customers ended up going to the Kansas City DA and filing charges. Some got back their rifles intact, some got back parts of rifles, some got nothing. Chief Thunder as my memory serves didn't screw anyone out of anything but did go to prison over some B.S. his business partner caused and I believe he did post on the old board after his release.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Diesel and LAGC are the only members who did time and then returned to posting here, that I can recall.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    As I recall Informer, Gary Guccioni was the "gunsmith" that took all those conversions in and never completed them. He as big on converting the Hungarian SA-2000M from single stack to double stack. A couple of members actually got a well done conversion back though I think it came out later he was actually farming out most of the work. Did my own conversion in about an hour so glad I never sent him anything. Customers ended up going to the Kansas City DA and filing charges. Some got back their rifles intact, some got back parts of rifles, some got nothing. Chief Thunder as my memory serves didn't screw anyone out of anything but did go to prison over some B.S. his business partner caused and I believe he did post on the old board after his release.
    I was one of the unlucky ones on that Gary Guccioni fiasco! Never got my Sile import folder back! Errrrrrr! The Chief had great deals back then and did meet him at one of those shoots in Ohio.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    That's pretty much as I recall it also.

Eta...wasn't it something about importing something without the proper paperwork and Customs busted him.
    Last edited by N/A; 05-13-2015 at 09:48 AM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    That's pretty much as I recall it also.

Eta...wasn't it something about importing something without the proper paperwork and Customs busted him.
    With Chief Thunder I believe that's what happened. His partner and maybe he as well were importing FA stuff under bogus LEO requests for demos or something like that. For some reason I came away thinking he was more a victim of his partner than a co-conspirator but that may not be the case.

http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions...5a0130p-06.pdf

Evidently his partner was a convicted felon.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 05-13-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Chief Thunder got a bad rap IMO. I never had a problem with him, I bought some mags IIRC. He got fucked by the ATF and his partner.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

that sounds about right about chif thunder, like i said, i wasnt sure. i joined this site right around the time the shit was hitting the fan for him (cheif thunder) and never actually interacted with him, but YES, he did come back to the site "after" (after prison time???) and made a post of 2 but not much, then disappeared.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Chief Thunder got a bad rap IMO. I never had a problem with him, I bought some mags IIRC. He got fucked by the ATF and his partner.
    That's about my take on it. Purchased Bulgarian waffle pattern 7.62 mags as well as the waffle pattern 5.56 mags and Bulgarian smooth sided mags from him. All were new and none more than 9 or 10 bucks each. He was cutting the balls off of KVAR that was getting 39 bucks a crack for such magazines. Damn shame he was smashed by BATFE.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-14-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Don't know of a Hopewell, Chief Thunder you already know the answer to what his real life name is. Aside from that I don't understand your post. I personally do not remember him ever coming back here after his jail time was over.
    Just asking. his name came up on another forum and I should have made it clear that the 3rd line of my thread was copied
    from the akfiles thread I was reading.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's about my take on it. Purchased Bulgarian waffle pattern 7.62 mags as well as the waffle pattern 5.56 mags and Bulgarian smooth sided mags from him. All were new and none more than 9 or 10 bucks each. He was cutting the balls off of KVAR that was getting 39 bucks a crack for such magazines. Damn shame he smashed by BATFE.
    The thread was about those Bulgy Circle 10 waffle mags. The ones that were different colours, white, clear and a few other colours, and how much they are bringing.
    Some were saying that K-Var may have this and may have that because he was selling them so cheap, 10 for a 100$. Sometimes 8 or 9 apiece.

be the heat..