Thread: FA Fun

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Cool FA Fun

Courtesy of Military Arms Channel. Wish I could have been there to join in the fun...awesome assortment of MGs here:

That was pretty cool. My bucket list gun is a PPSH-41. Got to handle one on my first tour to Iraq in 2003. Thing looked pretty awesome to me. No one else could understand why I liked it so much.

That MG-34 could have single handedly ended the bullshit Ferguson and Baltimore. Bad ass.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Once you shoot full auto, everything else is boring after that. I had a chance to shoot some many years ago, haven't felt the same about semiauto rifles since then. In no particular order; Uzi, Mini Uzi, MP5, Colt 9 mm carbine, Sten Mk V 9 mm, M11 with fire rate reducer to about 780 rpm from their normal of about 1200 rpm. Also got to shoot Ma Duce and an M16 A1 I think it was. No burst just semi and full.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    That MG-34 could have single handedly ended the bullshit Ferguson and Baltimore. Bad ass.
    If I could own a classic crew-served MG it would be a MG-34 or 42. Any of the WWI-era water-cooled MG's would be neat too. MG-08, Vickers, or Browning Model 1917.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Once you shoot full auto, everything else is boring after that. I had a chance to shoot some many years ago, haven't felt the same about semiauto rifles since then. In no particular order; Uzi, Mini Uzi, MP5, Colt 9 mm carbine, Sten Mk V 9 mm, M11 with fire rate reducer to about 780 rpm from their normal of about 1200 rpm. Also got to shoot Ma Duce and an M16 A1 I think it was. No burst just semi and full.
    Very nice assortment of hardware, I wish I could say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the fun of full auto fire is always dampened by the idea of all that $$$$$$ flying down range, at least in my mind. LOL. Probably a side effect from the 'sticker shock' of ammo in recent days. Boy it sure would be fun if someone ELSE picked up the tab for the ammo. I think that's the only real way I could fully enjoy myself blasting so much ammo

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the fun of full auto fire is always dampened by the idea of all that $$$$$$ flying down range, at least in my mind. LOL. Probably a side effect from the 'sticker shock' of ammo in recent days. Boy it sure would be fun if someone ELSE picked up the tab for the ammo. I think that's the only real way I could fully enjoy myself blasting so much ammo
    I haven't run F/A since retirement. An M16 is hard to keep from rising no matter how prepared you think you are...LOL.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I have fired a few: AKM, Mp40, Mpi69 and Mg42.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    I have fired a few: AKM, Mp40, Mpi69 and Mg42.
    You reminded me, I've also fired ElDuce's Mp40.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I haven't run F/A since retirement. An M16 is hard to keep from rising no matter how prepared you think you are...LOL.
    I've got several uppers for my M16; the original 20" it came with but then I picked up a Colt 11.5" Commando, Colt 10.5" 9mm Sub, Colt LMG ... And most recently a CMMG 9" PDW. I went with them because I'd always heard how temperamental 22's are in the M16 and they guaranteed that with their kit it would run full-auto. It took a bit of trial & try again but it works wonderfully! The 223 does indeed rise, the 9mm is much more controllable but with 22 I could draw a figure 8 ... Maybe write my name ... at 650rpm or better 30 rounds is gone in 9 seconds or less and while I have a 50 round drum, I don't have a belt fed!

As long as I can find and afford 22LR I'll be shooting my M16 ->

The one FTF I had was the mag failure it had cracked feed lips on both sides I'm surprised it ran at all!

Lastly, I never thought of 22 heating up a barrel but running F/A it will