Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF confiscate 3,000 guns from Stag Arms over NFA violations

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post ATF confiscate 3,000 guns from Stag Arms over NFA violations

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sounds like they got fucked hard without even a kiss.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Gee, they are in New Britain Connecticut, the "Constitution State" that hates guns. I lived in New Britain way back when I worked for Pratt & Whitney Engines and not surprised to read anything when it comes to firearms there.

Beside the violations of the NFA end run around the constitution by calling it a tax, I am sure the state had a hand in this somehow.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

At what point in the process is a manufacturer required to add a serial number?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    At what point in the process is a manufacturer required to add a serial number?
    This. I've never read anything that said when the SR# is to be placed on the weapon / receiver.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Perhaps since they were machinegun lowers, (NFA) you have to serialize them right away, regardless the main issue seems to be that they sat without serial numbers for up to a month while the guy who does that part of the job was on vacation. From an ATF point of view I guess I can see their concern as no serial number means no record so how many could have walked off and no one would be the wiser. Seems like Stag Arms could have avoided some of this mess by simply getting the serial numbers added during the week between visits by the ATF.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I found this about serial numbers...

7.4.1 Serial numbers. Each manufacturer of a firearm must legibly identify it by engraving, stamping
    (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing on the firearm’s frame or receiver an individual serial
    number not duplicating any serial number placed by the manufacturer on any other firearm.120 The
    requirement that the marking be “conspicuously” placed on the firearm means that the marking must be
    wholly unobstructed from plain view. For firearms manufactured on or after January 30, 2002, the serial
    number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch.

Steve

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^Still nothing dictating when, or how soon after manufacture the serial numbers have to be on them. Hopefully Spikes property will be returned to them and the case thrown out.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

ATF returning anything? Stag is in trouble. ATF returns nothing. A local store was raided by ATF, court trial came and the judge found the store was in compliance and ordered ATF to return the items taken. ATF so far has not complied, in essence telling the judge to go to heck.

ATF, totally out of control organization unconstitutionally stomping all over the rights of we the people.

Maybe the Mexican drug cartels needed some small arms...
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I can't but help suspect this similar to the Gibson Guitars persecution.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They do a big bust on a manufacturer every year. They roll out the companies in-house stock for the local news to film, as if they intercepted a shipment of illegal machineguns to some local gangs. Then a few months later no charges are filed and the company gets their shit back if they saved up enough money for the lawyers. Of course none of the mainstream media outlets report it when a manufacturer turns out not to have committed any crimes.

At this point every manufacturer should know to keep lawyers on retainer and money in the bank for use as ATF insurance.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    ATF returning anything? Stag is in trouble. ATF returns nothing. A local store was raided by ATF, court trial came and the judge found the store was in compliance and ordered ATF to return the items taken. ATF so far has not complied, in essence telling the judge to go to heck.

ATF, totally out of control organization unconstitutionally stomping all over the rights of we the people.
    ares armor got *most* of their shit back.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    ares armor got *most* of their shit back.
    Actually it was Profile Arms and Supply here in Indy. They are being forced to sue ATF and others after having their second, fourth and fifth amendment rights violated. The suit was filed last month and I have yet to see any update from Profile as to whether they are getting the stuff ATF stole returned.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i didnt mean to say that your "local store" was ares, just saying, that was a pretty high profile case. they (atf) took iirc, near 2000 80% ar lowers and ares sued them to get them back, which again, iirc was something like 18 short when they arrived.

just saying, enormous legal fees not withstanding, it is not unheard of to get inventory returned, and i am BY NO MEANS arguing that the atf is not an illegal out of control organization.

I do get the scent of obama on this.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Stag working with feds to fix compliance issue

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/20/stag-...pliance-issue/

Steve

So What Happened At Stag Arms?

http://bearingarms.com/happened-stag...paign=baupdate

Steve

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It sounds as if the initial reports made this sound bigger than it was? It is hard to say as it is a "he says, she says," deal, but as most of us don't trust the ATF I can see it being "much ado about nothing".
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Personally I don't trust anything BATFE does. I think they are corrupt and rotton to the core.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast