Thread: played with a new Skorpimeh today....

Thumbs down played with a new Skorpimeh today....

Got to handle a new CZ Skorpion Evo 3 .. ..

Only thing going for it is , it's well balanced. The ergos are not what they seem.

you cant engage the safety without repositioning your hand, the ambi safety digs into you firing hand on safe, then on fire it's very inconvenient.

Shiny and full of plastic, easy pass for me @ $800 .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

That sucks. I was hoping it would be a good alternative to an MP5. I wonder if the new Sig MPX will be any better.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 07-22-2015 at 11:53 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

HK, what would be your recommended semi-auto alternative to a real submachinegun?
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 07-22-2015 at 11:53 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    That sucks. I was hoping it would be a goid alternative to an MP5. I wonder if the new Sig MPX will be any better.
    They look like they would be a good alternative to the MP5. http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmpx A link to the MPX on Sig's web page. Nice animation as you scroll down the page the bits and pieces get added and subtracted from the lower receiver. Looks very AR15 ish in shape and function for operation controls.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    HK, what would be your recommended semi-auto alternative to a real submachinegun?
    that's really a personal preference.

I dont like 9mm AR/M16's and I never cared for MP5's . SO I stuck with Uzi's and Thompson.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I've got a Group Uzi semi. Zero recoil but heavy. It is one of those purchases that I'd of passed on if I realized what it really was. A pistol powered carbine that weighs more than an AR15 rifle with a light barrel profile. You learn stuff with first hand experience, wouldn't do it again.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.

I've had one for a little over a month ... I love it and sent in my form 1 on July 2.

Granted it is plastic, but not many new production guns aren't ... look at the Tavor, SCAR, G36 ... almost every new gun on the market, that isn't 40-50 year old technology is made of plastic.

I've got close to 1,000 rounds through mine ... although its plastic IMHO it doesn't feel cheap like the HK 22lr MP5 clones. It is well balanced, its easy to aim and is accurate; I can hit a 12" gong at 50 yards effortlessly and so far I've had zero malfunctions. The mag release is ambidextrous and it has a last round bolt hold open ... and the charge handle is not reciprocating. It comes with nice factory BUIS, standard picitinny rails make mounting accessories easy to mount and the optional arm-brace makes it to use ... also several people like the cheek-saddle. Its easy to tear down ... and the MP5-like charge handle does give the same gratification as the "HK Slap". I've got a 3-lug barrel adaptor on mine (made by TROS) so I can use the same suppressor on it as I do my MP5 clone. Being a blow-back gun I was expecting a lot more recoil and debris when shooting suppressed but there really isn't any more than what I get with my MP5 clone. It does break down for discrete carry in a laptop case which is a little inconvenient, but it works, and I can use my lap-top sling on the CZ ... the MP5 is too big for the same case. The CZ factory folding stock is much shorter than the Arm-Brace adaptor so the factory stock won't have to be removed. The 922r kit will include the stock and is supposed to be available in September for $199 along with the 6 US made parts for full compliance.

Now for the "cons" ... I do wish the charge handle was a bit bigger and the pistol grip didn't have quite the angle to it ... its swept back like Beretta NEOS ... if you don't like the ambidextrous feature of the safety, the "safety delete" replacement button is a whooping $12 plus CZ-USA home is in Kansas City and they have prompt shipping! Oh yeah, the acid etched pocket knife was $5.99 if I remember correctly.

Personally I like it better than my MP5 clone and if I didn't have it SBR'd and a registered sear I would say bye-bye to it in favor of the CZ.

The old Aimpoint I have on it had been sitting on the shelf for a long time and I never really liked it on anything but on the E3 it's perfect for me. To be completely honest, I haven't been this satisfied and impressed with a new gun in a long time.

Last edited by kimberkid; 08-05-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Nice report Kimberkid. You have a valid point, polymer (plastic) is here to stay in firearm design be it good or bad it is here and it isn't going away. I like the look of the CZ with the exception of the grip. That looks kind of skinny, how does it feel in the hand say compared to a stock M16 grip.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I czech'd (hehe, get it?) out the Skorpion and the Sig MPX at the LGS recently. I liked both, but I must say the MPX is more ergonomic and feels beefier than the CZ. I also like the huge funnel-like magazine well of the MPX.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

It feels good and picture is worth a thousand words but if I hadn't taken the picture I'm not sure if I'd have believed it ... Not only is the angle the same, and I didn't think it was. It's the same front to back width ...

... but it's also a little bit thicker, and not just the base.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I czech'd (hehe, get it?) out the Skorpion and the Sig MPX at the LGS recently. I liked both, but I must say the MPX is more ergonomic and feels beefier than the CZ. I also like the huge funnel-like magazine well of the MPX.
    As typical with SiG in the last few years, they are letting the buying public be Beta-testers ... On the there are several people complaining of the MPX charge handle chewing up the hand guard and making their $1600 gun look like trash. The general consensus on the SiG forums is to wait until the 2nd Generation comes out ... and then don't forget, the price point for the MPX is twice that of the Skorpion ... Don't get me wrong, I'm a SiG fan and have several; new and old but I've grown tired of their business practices ever since the 556 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    As typical with SiG in the last few years, they are letting the buying public be Beta-testers ... On the there are several people complaining of the MPX charge handle chewing up the hand guard and making their $1600 gun look like trash. The general consensus on the SiG forums is to wait until the 2nd Generation comes out ... and then don't forget, the price point for the MPX is twice that of the Skorpion ... Don't get me wrong, I'm a SiG fan and have several; new and old but I've grown tired of their business practices ever since the 556 came out.
    Shocking to hear about the MPX charging handle marring the handguards. Your point about the Skorpion being half the cost is a big point. A person can get 2 for the same price as 1.

BTW the grip photos are quite good. I wouldn't of predicted it having the same angle or front to back thickness.

how much bolt noise is there shooting it suppressed?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I don't have any way of measuring it, but unlike my 9mm Colt I've never noticed it ... I'll take a buddy with me and him focus on it and maybe he can give me an idea ... maybe tomorrow we can take the 9mm Colt, MP5 clone and EVO3 all out for a comparison as I use the same suppressor on them & they all have 3-lug adapters/barrels ... I wish you guys lived closer so we could all get together when questions like this come up!
    Last edited by kimberkid; 08-07-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I don't have any way of measuring it, but unlike my 9mm Colt I've never noticed it ... I'll take a buddy with me and him focus on it and maybe he can give me an idea ... maybe tomorrow we can take the 9mm Colt, MP5 clone and EVO3 all out for a comparison as I use the same suppressor on them & they all have 3-lug adapters/barrels ... I wish you guys lived closer so we could all get together when questions like this come up!
    Oh I definitely would like it if you lived closer or vise versa. You've got some really cool shit in your collection.