Thread: The President mentioned a good friend of mine in his weekly address.

The President mentioned a good friend of mine in his weekly address.

Not sure how I feel about that. There was a time where I would have been geeked out by having the President of THESE UNITED STATES mention anyone I knew on TV. Don't get me wrong, I think its cool that he was mentioned, even though hearing his name and remembering him brought a couple of tears to my eyes. From talking to some of the guys that were there he died doing his job.

Damn it, I just find it hard to believe anything he says even when he is speaking kindly of one of my friends.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Who was your friend ?, i never listen to that asshole speak if i can avoid it

SFC Ramon Morales. Him and the other Soldier he mentioned died in an IED blast 12 December. I was fortunate enough to go to his funeral at Arlington.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

God rest his soul, sorry for your loss.

Memorial day is the day i remember the friends i lost long ago....not that they are not thought from time to time all year long, but this weekend is extra special.

For some of us this is not exactly a "holiday weekend"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

While I don't agree with much, if anything, this President has done he is still the President and our Commander-in-Chief. It is an honor for the President to know SFC Morales' name and his sacrifice.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    While I don't agree with much, if anything, this President has done he is still the President and our Commander-in-Chief. It is an honor for the President to know SFC Morales' name and his sacrifice.
    What did our president do to earn this honor?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I honor your friend today along with all fallen soldiers that wore the military uniform of the USA. The CIC mention is political and disingenuous and I disregard it.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    What did our president do to earn this honor?
    While we may not like it, he won two different elections. Even in doing this he has not earned the honor but people who have little to no idea of what America is and what it means to be an American gave him an honor that he is not qualified to hold. It is also an honor that I believe he has shown multiple times means little to him. But it is still an honor. To not recognize it as such allows him to lower the office of the President, which is something I am not willing to let him do.

While I have answered the question I do not want to distract from the purpose of this thread, which I believe is more to honor the memory of a fallen comrade and less to do with the qualifications of our President to hold the job.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    While we may not like it, he won two different elections. Even in doing this he has not earned the honor but people who have little to no idea of what America is and what it means to be an American gave him an honor that he is not qualified to hold. It is also an honor that I believe he has shown multiple times means little to him. But it is still an honor. To not recognize it as such allows him to lower the office of the President, which is something I am not willing to let him do.

While I have answered the question I do not want to distract from the purpose of this thread, which I believe is more to honor the memory of a fallen comrade and less to do with the qualifications of our President to hold the job.
    Pretty suspect as to his legal qualification to hold the office, and he's done everything to destroy the ideals and values of this country. AFAIC he's an imposter and doesn't hold the office legally making everything he does and signs treasonous.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

It is good that your friend has been honored.

I only have trouble with the source. it holds nothing sacred.

Again, sorry for the loss of your friend, good that his service has been recognized nationwide.

I appreciate all the support. Thanks guys.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Gods speed SFC Morales. We are humbled by his service to all of us.
    Returns June 3rd.