Thread: Family Relationships Confer Unfair Advantages

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Family Relationships Confer Unfair Advantages

This shit is really out there, but the scary thing is that Liberals/Progressives will lap this up like honey.

Prominent Political Scientists, Adam Swift and Harry Brighouse, believe that families need to be totally restructured and brought more into a liberal context than a more traditional context.

Sending kids to a private school is an unfair advantage.

‘Private schooling cannot be justified by appeal to these familial relationship goods,’ he says. ‘It’s just not the case that in order for a family to realise these intimate, loving, authoritative, affectionate, love-based relationships you need to be able to send your child to an elite private school.’

Reading bedtime stories to your kids is an unfair advantage.

"This devilish twist of evidence surely leads to a further conclusion—that perhaps in the interests of levelling the playing field, bedtime stories should also be restricted."

A child with two parents is an unfair advantage.

"Then, does the child have a right to be parented by her biological parents? Swift has a ready answer.

‘It’s true that in the societies in which we live, biological origins do tend to form an important part of people’s identities, but that is largely a social and cultural construction. So you could imagine societies in which the parent-child relationship could go really well even without there being this biological link.’

From this realisation arises another twist: two is not the only number.

‘Nothing in our theory assumes two parents: there might be two, there might be three, and there might be four,’ says Swift."

So, a traditional family, by definition, automatically confers an unfair advantage of the child...

"‘We should accept that lots of stuff that goes on in healthy families—and that our theory defends—will confer unfair advantage,’ he says."

The next step will be to destroy the traditional family and turnover all newborns to the state to be raised with equality for all.

I read this article and came away with two things:

1) a headache (justifiable); and,

2) the realization that we are well beyond the time when all liberals/progressives need to be rounded up and euthanized.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...values/6437058
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Sounds like this guy read and then furiously masterbated to the book "The Giver".

Shit like this is why I will most likely retire to the third world, where people are concerned with things that actually matter. I never thought 10 years ago I would have more respect for a homeless Indonesian kid that gathers scrap metal or a Thai hooker than I do for our elected leaders.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Um, why are these people allowed to continue breathing?
    Returns June 3rd.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

This could have been written by some members of my family. Needless to say, we don't talk much. It is a waste of air...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Interesting that instead of suggesting that we try to lift people up by advocating for 2 parent families, advocating that parents spend time with their children, or allowing parents to send their children to the school they want the authors conclusion is that we all need to be pushed to the lowest common denominator, the single parent (usually a mother) who is living at or below the poverty line. It is thinking like this that is stunting our cultures growth and is destabilizing civilization, at least western civilization.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Straight out of the Communist Manifesto. These people are still trying to make Marx work in the real world, while everyone else has pretty much figured out it won't.