Thread: Browning Black Label

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Browning Black Label

I just read an article about the Browning Black Label. It is a 1911 in .380. I have been looking for a full size .380 pistol for my daughter. She like shooting my CZ-82 but I haven't been able to get her a CZ-83 as they keep selling out. This Browning may be just the thing I am looking for. I would rather the magazine capacity be more than 8 rounds, but it is a full size pistol with a 4.25" barrel, so I think I can live with the 8 rounds. One of the reasons I am looking for a .380 is because of ease of finding ammo for it. Probably the biggest reason, though, is my daughter feels comfortable shooting it. She has shot a 9mm and the kick is just a little more than she likes, so shooting it is not enjoyable. She loves the 9mm Mak, which is about the same as the .380. Anyone else heard of this?

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...id=051&tid=904

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I have no knowledge of it. As far as .380 ammo goes, when Sandy Hook went down it dried up and took nearly a year to be found again. 9 mm otoh got scarce but it did come back a lot sooner. Hey my wife is 5'-4" and shoots a Glock 19. If she can do it anybody can do it.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

My daughter can shoot my G19, but it is not enjoyable for her. She really likes the 9mm Mak cartridge as it kicks more than a .22 but it does not jump as violently when she shoots it. I would rather her be comfortable and be able to shoot than to be uncomfortable and not want to go shooting.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I may be wrong but I think that gun is scaled down. Its like 80% scale of a 1911.
    Face your fear, accept your war.