Thread: Mid-point sling mount for Colt M4

Mid-point sling mount for Colt M4

Does anyone make a clamp-on sling mount that clamps over the Colt M4 receiver extension tube that allows the stock to collapse all the way?
    Most I see prevent the stock from fully closing.

I'd like a mid-point sling mount but I don't want to break the collar staking and remove the receiver end plate.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I know not of any such device.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm having the same thoughts as the OP.

The only solution I can think of right now is to just deal with the far back single point attachment point on the magpul stock.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Nothing like that exist to my knowledge, I can think of a work around our too but nothing I would trust. If you are set on a mid point sling then you will need to pull the collar.

Have you played around with a two point sling, I used a single point mid for the first year I was on a team, I switched to two point and haven't looked back. If I'm shooting it's just around my neck, and if I need it out of the way I can put right arm through to have it muzzle down on my back or my left arm through to have it muzzle down on front. It makes working on stuff and climbing ladders easier. Also it keeps me from needing a bungee on my kit to keep my rifle from swinging around.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Since posting I did some research.

Brownell's sell several that clamp on the tube castle nut and won't interfere with the stock closing all the way.
    Down side is the prices.

The prices mean a re-think. I was just looking at this as an experimental way to carry my M4.

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post
    Since posting I did some research.

Brownell's sell several that clamp on the tube castle nut and won't interfere with the stock closing all the way.
    Down side is the prices.

The prices mean a re-think. I was just looking at this as an experimental way to carry my M4.
    So how much are they?

Not that much, but more than I'm willing to pay for a pure experiment that probably won't work out for me.

The trick seems to be to find an adapter that won't interfere with the forward assist button, AND one with the mount points on the lower side.
    One person complained that the adapter he picked was one with the mounting points on the upper side and they ripped skin off his hand when he combat operated the charging handle during a weekend shooting class.

Some of these specifically state that they won't interfere with the collapsible stock.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...prod21245.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...prod25005.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...prod40330.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...prod27321.aspx

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Personally, I would just suck it up and replace the rear plate with one that has sling loops and re-stake it.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

The MI one you link doesn't seem all that bad on price. The Troy is the next best on price. Daniel Defense is way to proud of that thing.

Even the cheapest one is more than I'm going to spend just to do a 5 minute experiment.

I've got my standard sling on a Colt-type side barrel mount in front, and I figured out a way to lock the sling on the top of the standard Colt stock so it won't slip around or off. This allows carrying the rifle without it flipping over upside down like other rear mounts do.
    I'm just going to stick with that.