Thread: Obama Trade dead for now.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Obama Trade dead for now.

If you want to hear the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal the Obama administration is hoping to pass, you’ve got to be a member of Congress, and you’ve got to go to classified briefings and leave your staff and cellphone at the door.

If you’re a member who wants to read the text, you’ve got to go to a room in the basement of the Capitol Visitor Center and be handed it one section at a time, watched over as you read, and forced to hand over any notes you make before leaving.
    And no matter what, you can’t discuss the details of what you’ve read.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ay-117581.html

WTF? Why all the secrecy? Are any of these trade deals ever good for the common man? I say no, look at what has happened to our manufacturing base since we started to sign these damned things. To keep it short; if Hussein likes it so much, it must be horrible for America.
    Last edited by El Jefe; 06-13-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Turns out the specifics of all trade deals have been secret. What I know of this one, however, which is not much, I do not like. It is not often that I agree with what the Democrats are doing but in this case I do. We just get to our lack of support from different ways of thinking.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Here is an article that explains a little of why they are kept secret, and why it is not necessarily a good idea for it to be secret.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...one-in-secret/
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Turns out the specifics of all trade deals have been secret. What I know of this one, however, which is not much, I do not like. It is not often that I agree with what the Democrats are doing but in this case I do. We just get to our lack of support from different ways of thinking.
    I knew it was a bad deal when I read that there were provisions on immigration and the environment in it.

Also, I once liked Ryan, but now I wouldn't vote for the fucker for any reason. He's proven himself to be a complete RINO-Globalist.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

And they insist on reviving it. Ryan and Boehner need to be primaried out.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Look what "You have to pass the bill to know what is in it" did to us. This one at least allows the idiots in charge to read it, but with the need for extreme secrecy, it leads me to believe there are provisions in the trade bill that just might finally cause we the people to go over the edge if we knew about them before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    And they insist on reviving it. Ryan and Boehner need to be primaried out.
    Agreed.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Look what "You have to pass the bill to know what is in it" did to us. This one at least allows the idiots in charge to read it, but with the need for extreme secrecy, it leads me to believe there are provisions in the trade bill that just might finally cause we the people to go over the edge if we knew about them before hand.
    From what I've read it basically hands the UN and foreign corporations sweeping powers that would negatively affect every facet of our daily lives.
    Returns June 3rd.

Considering how good a "negotiator" BHO has been with the Iranian nukes, surely we can trust him on this trade deal?

Right???
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Considering how good a "negotiator" BHO has been with the Iranian nukes, surely we can trust him on this trade deal?

Right???
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 05/2012

Just waiting for the Dems and Obama to start crying about the lack of bi-partisanship in Washington.
    Wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I knew it was a bad deal when I read that there were provisions on immigration and the environment in it.

Also, I once liked Ryan, but now I wouldn't vote for the fucker for any reason. He's proven himself to be a complete RINO-Globalist.
    Yep, he is a COMPLETE RINO-Globalist willing to sell out his country to the global elite. Now that his side lost, he is so fucking stupid, he wants to tar the Republicans with total responsibility for this secret trade deal fiasco -- what with his comments about it's not over. Sometime after a defeat one should keep just their mouth shut - but not this moron Ryan. Of course what can be expected from someone who has sucked the political public tit for his ENTIRE career. This guy apparently has never worked a real job, yet at one time the assclown was considered Presidential.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Of course what can be expected from someone who has sucked the political public tit for his ENTIRE career. This guy apparently has never worked a real job, yet at one time the assclown was considered Presidential.
    He has not worked outside of politics much, but he has. At least more than our current President. I believe he is still on the wrong side of this trade deal and he needs to accept defeat on it. I believe the Republicans think that they are going to get political support from independents by supporting the President on this. They are wrong, but I can't figure why they are choosing to support the President this time. I have a funny feeling, and it is sad that I am thinking this, that if the Democrats were supporting this then Ryan and most of the rest of the Republicans would be opposing it. But since it is just the President supporting it they feel this shows they can "work across the isle."

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    But since it is just the President supporting it they feel this shows they can "work across the isle."
    Is there really an isle or is the isle smoke and mirrors? The Republicans need to elect populist candidates or the party is doomed IMHO. BTW - I read his bio and I guess you are right that Ryan had some real jobs if one accepts his claim to have flipped burgers in high school and so forth. I was thinking his career started as a staff speech writer for Kemp. Kind of funny that a guy who is so big on Ayn Rand sucks on the public tit.