Thread: We don't need no education.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

We don't need no education.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-common-core/

This is fucking sad. How do you teach an English course and not cover Shakespeare?

Returns June 3rd.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Shakespeare lived in a pretty small world. It might now be appropriate for us to acknowledge him as chronicler of life as he saw it 450 years ago and leave it at that.
    Shakespeare had more knowledge and artistic ability in his cock than this lady does in her whole body.

She should go back and write her letter in a musical form of poetry including allusions to innumerable mythological and historical events, while simultaneously telling a timeless story for all generations.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Dana Dusbiber.

(916) 433-5100 ext.1406

Email her here
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Typical whiney liberal cunt muncher woman.

The war has begun, but thus far, only one side has shown up.
    Returns June 3rd.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Just a few more kids who will not compete with my homeschooler.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Good. Romeo and Juliette, Macbeth. Such crap. I had to learn it when I was in school and absolutely hated it. It was a complete waste and never in my life have I ever needed to know that garbage. I would have rather been learning a life skill ( auto mechanics )than cultural crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Good. Romeo and Juliette, Macbeth. Such crap. I had to learn it when I was in school and absolutely hated it. It was a complete waste and never in my life have I ever needed to know that garbage. I would have rather been learning a life skill ( auto mechanics )than cultural crap like that.
    So you don't like good fiction???

Did you mean to write this in purple?
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    There are plenty of children that will feel unsatisfied in auto repair class as you did learning Shakespeare. Children need exposure to both ends of the spectrum so they can determine for themselves what path they'll take in life.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-common-core/

This is fucking sad. How do you teach an English course and not cover Shakespeare?

Teacher is white. Shakespeare was white. Teacher has "white guilt", which she attempts to minimize by claiming that Shakespeare is "obsolete".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    There are plenty of children that will feel unsatisfied in auto repair class as you did learning Shakespeare. Children need exposure to both ends of the spectrum so they can determine for themselves what path they'll take in life.
    100% true, knowledge IS power. Any knowledge.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    So you don't like good fiction???

Did you mean to write this in purple?
    I like a good service/tech manual over imaginary literature. I like How's It Made over Lord of the Rings. I am a black or white with no gray area type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    True. The ones who learn Shakespeare and not auto-mechanics will always be crying on the side of the road over a flat tire. The ones who learn Shakespeare are the Occupy crowd.

When one considers that Shakespeare wrote plays with very complex nuances that could be appreciated by uneducated people of the time -- the conclusion can only be that with respect to IQ, the human race (overall) is in a state of devolution.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    What we learn in school is how to apply critical thinking later in life.

Math taught me how to figure ballistic tables, or how to budget income.

English taught me how to speak clearly and how to read and write thoughts clearly...rather than just a mishmash jumble of words.

Literature taught me how to express myself in ways that convey ideas to bring readers into a new realm of thinking.

Spelling taught me how to know more than just hillbilly Ebonics.

Sherman, I learned to appreciate tech manuals in the army. My bible was TM1520-210-20...UH-1H helicopter.
    To this day, I own a manual for every vehicle and motorcycle I have owned. I do 95% of all repairs myself.
    That being said, if the people who write those manuals had not paid attention in Literature class and learned how to convert ideas in a logical way, your manuals would be almost useless to you. You like tech manuals because they convey information in a concise and logical way. If you think that a bit of learning in Literature class is useless, then I would suggest you sit down down and write a tech manual on a Smith & Wesson model 27 revolver, and include all facts from basic maintenance to a complete tear down and reassembly, to timing and all specs of proper operation of the all the separate parts.

Then submit the manual to us for our inspection and critical judgement.

I also keep the manual in each vehicle and have two tool boxes that I put in a vehicle when I make a trip, such as the VA at Temple, or the Windstar across the flooded Red River at the I-35 crossing.
    I will not be stuck besides the road for long unless major repairs are needed.
    I will also feel quite comfortable sitting down at home and reading a good Sci fy book, a book on some aspect of the war I was in, a book on physics for dummies or a myriad other subjects.

Using tech manuals just lets you use someone else's knowledge, bit reading diverse subjects lets you come up with your own unique ideas.
    Last edited by N/A; 06-20-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Teacher is white. Shakespeare was white. Teacher has "white guilt", which she attempts to minimize by claiming that Shakespeare is "obsolete".
    Are you sure? She looks like a "closet negro" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Are you sure? She looks like a "closet negro" to me.
    Yep, closet commie negro. Probably worships at the alter of global warming too.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    What we learn in school is how to apply critical thinking later in life.

Math taught me how to figure ballistic tables, or how to budget income.

English taught me how to speak clearly and how to read and write thoughts clearly...rather than just a mishmash jumble of words.

Literature taught me how to express myself in ways that convey ideas to bring readers into a new realm of thinking.

Spelling taught me how to know more than just hillbilly Ebonics.

Sherman, I learned to appreciate tech manuals in the army. My bible was TM1520-210-20...UH-1H helicopter.
    To this day, I own a manual for every vehicle and motorcycle I have owned. I do 95% of all repairs myself.
    That being said, if the people who write those manuals had not paid attention in Literature class and learned how to convert ideas in a logical way, your manuals would be almost useless to you. You like tech manuals because they convey information in a concise and logical way. If you think that a bit of learning in Literature class is useless, then I would suggest you sit down down and write a tech manual on a Smith & Wesson model 27 revolver, and include all facts from basic maintenance to a complete tear down and reassembly, to timing and all specs of proper operation of the all the separate parts.

Then submit the manual to us for our inspection and critical judgement.

I also keep the manual in each vehicle and have two tool boxes that I put in a vehicle when I make a trip, such as the VA at Temple, or the Windstar across the flooded Red River at the I-35 crossing.
    I will not be stuck besides the road for long unless major repairs are needed.
    I will also feel quite comfortable sitting down at home and reading a good Sci fy book, a book on some aspect of the war I was in, a book on physics for dummies or a myriad other subjects.

Using tech manuals just lets you use someone else's knowledge, bit reading diverse subjects lets you come up with your own unique ideas.
    I agree with the majority of what you said. I don't have time to write a manual for a S&W model 27. But I will say this, a manual of any kind is intentionally meant to be emotionless.