Thread: New Kalashnikov pistol - the Lebedev PL-14

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

New Kalashnikov pistol - the Lebedev PL-14

Kalashnikov just announced a new 9mm semi-automatic pistol intended for military, police, and even the civilian market. If a CZ-75 and Steyr M9 had a baby, it would probably be this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...press-release/

Kalashnikov Concern revealed the prototype of a new 9mm pistol “PL-14″ (Pistol designed by Lebedev) at the International military-technical Forum «ARMY-2015» from June, 16 to June, 19 in Kubinka (Moscow region). The concept of the pistol was developed jointly by the experts of the Russian special forces and IPSC competitive shooters.

The distinguishing feature of “PL-14″ is its enhanced ergonomics and balance that meet modern notions of human biomechanics and modern pistol shooting techniques in the best way. Special attention was paid to the unique aesthetics of the new pistol.

“The versatility of our new pistol allows to use it not only as a military weapon for the military forces and police, but also as a pistol for different shooting competitions – said Kalashnikov CEO Alexey Krivoruchko. – We intend to produce different variants of the pistol, for example, with certain characteristics of the trigger mechanism for special forces units, as well as a civilian version with trigger that would be suitable for practical shooting competitions as well”.

The gun is very thin in comparison with its counterparts: the thickness of the grip is 28 mm and 21mm is the thickness at the front of the slide. All controls on the pistol are ambidextrous, so it could be used by right- and left- handed shooters effectively. The pistol has Picatinny rail integrated in its construction.

Automatic calculation methods applied during the creation of the gun, will ensure great reliability. With its improved ergonomics pistol has minimal recoil and muzzle rise which makes speed shooting very effective.

Particular attention is paid to the safety of this pistol: trigger mechanism ensures that there will be no mechanical accidental discharge, even after falling from a great height onto a hard surface. In addition, the basic version will have longer and heavier trigger to prevent accidental discharge if shooter keeps his finger on the trigger. On another version of the pistol for highly skilled users (special forces and competitive shooters), trigger will be lighter.

In addition, the increased safety of the new 9mm pistol is provided by loaded chamber indicator, which allows checking the weapon even in gloves and during low light situations. In addition, the indicator has an additional function: coupled with a modified geometry of the chamber it allows shooting with defective ammunition when brass size does not meet the specs.

Caliber, 9Χ19
    Length 220mm
    Height 136mm
    Thickness 28mm
    Barrel length 127mm
    Magazine capacity, 15 rounds
    Weight without ammunition, 0.8 kg
    Weight with ammunition 0.99 kg
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

I'll take it! LOL!
    видеодон

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Kalashnikov just announced a new 9mm semi-automatic pistol intended for military, police, and even the civilian market. If a CZ-75 and Steyr M9 had a baby, it would probably be this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...press-release/
    Since the hammer is not exposed, I assume that pistol is DAO?

If so, that scratches it off my list. SA/DA is fine, but DAO I can't stand.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Before I even read the first post I was thinking Steyr just from the photo.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Since the hammer is not exposed, I assume that pistol is DAO?

If so, that scratches it off my list. SA/DA is fine, but DAO I can't stand.
    Could be striker-fired.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Could be striker-fired.
    True. I'd need to see an exploded view (or at least a spec sheet).

I do need a few more pistols. My older son got my Beretta M9 and the younger one wants my 1994 CZ-75, so that leaves me with nothing in 9x19 except an Erfurt 1913 Luger P-08 which I do not want to shoot "a lot" at the range.

I'm not sure what 9 to buy. I really like the M9, and no way do I want a Glock. Maybe I'll buy my son something else and take back my Beretta!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good description of the looks of it. I like the low bore line to the hand, should be really good at taming muzzle flip. But on the whole I like my simple Glocks.

I like it.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    so that leaves me with nothing in 9x19 except an Erfurt 1913 Luger P-08 which I do not want to shoot "a lot" at the range.
    So, I for one would love to see a picture of this one!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The lines on that pistol sort of remind me of the Beretta Neo. I would think about it, but I am sort of consolidating around Glocks but getting another 9mm would not be out of the question.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member