Thread: Armalite 24 pistol

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Armalite 24 pistol

Anyone have one or handled\fired one?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...rmalite-ar-24/

I've seen a few ads for them but other than being all steel and imported I don't know much about them.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

The are/were a Turkish made CZ-75 clone, apparently made with cooperation with Tanfoglio of Italy, who imports here through European American Armory (EAA).

They were made with a forged steel frame, slide, and barrel.
    Apparently they failed to sell because I don't see them on the Armalite web site anymore.

There are similar CZ Turkish clones imported by Tristar and made by Canik (Ca-neek).
    These too are forged steel, cheaper then the AR-24 and have an excellent reputation for quality/price.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    All the turk made CZ clones are very nice guns. If you're willing to go polymer you can get a sarsilmaz B6P for pocket change, I couldn't recommend them highly enough

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

As much as much as I like the grip and frame design of the CZ variants I hate that freaking super rounded trigger shoe design. I much prefer a straighter curve. That trigger design has kept me from getting a Cz clone numerous times over the years.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    All the turk made CZ clones are very nice guns. If you're willing to go polymer you can get a sarsilmaz B6P for pocket change, I couldn't recommend them highly enough

Can you please remind me if those take regular CZ mags?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    As much as much as I like the grip and frame design of the CZ variants I hate that freaking super rounded trigger shoe design. I much prefer a straighter curve. That trigger design has kept me from getting a Cz clone numerous times over the years.
    That's somewhat against the crowd because the early CZ clones had much straighter triggers and they were changed to more round due to customer demand.
    Same thing is going on with the actual CZ brand pistols. The newer models have more curved triggers.

My EAA Witness .45 is a rather rare actual stainless steel slide and frame model I bought in the late 80's.
    The trigger was pretty straight and I didn't like it. So, I made a more curved trigger that is it's own trigger stop by contacting the frame.
    EAA Left.jpg

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Can you please remind me if those take regular CZ mags?
    No, but factory mags are easy to find and cost is comparable to CZ mags

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    No, but factory mags are easy to find and cost is comparable to CZ mags
    Good to know.

Thanks.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Of the many CZ clone pistols that have and are being sold here, some will take CZ mags, and some need EAA mags.
    In either case mags are easy to find, and the EAA type mags are usually pretty cheap.

Many CZ and most EAA type mags are actually made by Mec-Gar.
    In most cases you can buy genuine factory mags, or the same mag under the Mec-gar name.
    In the case of the CZ-97 and EAA Witness in .45 auto you can buy CZ mags, EAA mags, or Mec-gar mags and all three are the exact same mags.