Thread: Gun Confiscation

Gun Confiscation

The way the media and liberal politicians seem to be gearing up on gun control/gun confiscation I can't help but think some major attempt at gun confiscation will take place either before Obama is out of office or early in the 1rst term of the next President if a Dimocrat is elected? Am I too paranoid? Based on the yahoo news comments I read today more and more people are becoming rabidly left wing. Is it possible this is not the case and a lot of the postings are from professional posters? I am really becoming scared for this country.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The way this country is headed, your concern is valid.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If I remember my history correctly and I do, that fabled shot heard 'round the world was caused by the British coming to confiscate the firearms of the colonists living in Concord.

It seems those who fail to learn from history are destined to repeat it. I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    The way the media and liberal politicians seem to be gearing up on gun control/gun confiscation I can't help but think some major attempt at gun confiscation will take place either before Obama is out of office or early in the 1rst term of the next President if a Dimocrat is elected? Am I too paranoid? Based on the yahoo news comments I read today more and more people are becoming rabidly left wing. Is it possible this is not the case and a lot of the postings are from professional posters? I am really becoming scared for this country.
    Well, if that's true, a lot of lives are going to be lost or ruined, because I'm not surrendering anything (and I'm sure a LOT of others feel the same way).

All I want is to be left alone, but if they can't do that... well it's their fault whatever happens.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

The country seems to be moving Left only on certain issues.
    The key word is "seems".

As example, with the mass media pushing gays HARD in all formats it may seem like more people support gays, but strangely, when given a chance to actually vote on it, gay issues tend to lose most often in the voting booth.
    As usual with the Left they have a few successes then can't help but to go too far.
    Get people to accept gay marriage, and they can't help but begin the usual Fascist tactics intended to silence and punish any descent.
    This usually provokes a backlash of people tired of being bullied by a tiny percentage of people, and the pendulum swings back the other way.
    Right now it is beginning to appear that the pendulum has about stopped and will soon begin the usual swing back.

This is like the press asking people if they're concerned about getting hit by falling meteorites. If they ask often enough and publish enough stories about falling meteorites, when a poll is done a significant number of people are concerned about falling meteorites.

Even if there is a Leftward movement on some social issues, the country is very definitely moving Right on gun rights.
    This is why the usual Left bums rush to gun control failed miserably after nut shootings like Sandy Hook.
    The Left was shocked that their push was a total failure this time. In the past they always got at least something restrictive out of it.

America experimented with gun control from the early 60's to the mid-90's, and contrary to the opinion of the Left and media (but I repeat myself) the rubes in flyover country figured out that gun control was a failure.
    So we began to move to gun rights to see if that would work.
    The Left can't cover up the clear fact that less gun control has indeed significantly contributed to lowered crime.

Right now violent crime and gun crime are at 25 year historic lows.
    People aren't stupid contrary to the Lefts opinions. They fully understand that gun control is a total failure and has zero effect on criminal gun use.
    People are fully aware that gun crime is almost totally limited to inner city black thugs shooting other inner city black thugs over drugs and gangs.
    Take the crime caused by the inner cities out of the statistics and America has a crime rate about that of Sweden.

In other words, the American people, including women and many thinking Leftist have seen the trick and aren't buying.
    What they are doing is buying guns and getting CCW permits.
    There is also a mass movement in the country to open carry and Constitutional carry and in general a loosening or out and out repealing of gun control.
    Only in the big Left dominated cities is gun control still popular, but after the Supreme Court and lower court decisions about the 2nd Amendment, gun rights people are going after even the big city restrictions.

The left will fight this movement tooth and nail, but the tide has very much turned and they will eventually be forced by the courts to loosen up gun control.
    The chances of any gun control on a national level is totally dead, AS LONG as we don't get stupid and elect a Democrat House and Senate.
    Even then, there are the court decisions that will be a major obstacle they will have a hard time getting around.

We should NOT be complacent. Never underestimate the hate from the Left for the 2nd and American freedom.
    I do feel much better these days about my gun rights, but I'm also constantly vigilant.
    The harder and farther we can push gun rights and repeal of gun control laws, the harder it will be to reverse gun rights if in the future the Left does get power and tries to swing the pendulum back again.
    Last edited by dfariswheel; 06-23-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Jet - back when I was in high school, I had a poster that fits in with your OP. It said:
    "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to "get you"!!
    It would not surprise me in the least to find some "national emergency/disaster" happen (or "engineered") between July and October 2016 so Dumbo can declare martial law and suspend the election, keeping him in power longer.
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”