Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Quotes

Obama Quotes

I want to start a thread on Obama quotes that illustrate the nature of this great man and I will start out with the following:

"Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it...." -- From Dreams From My Father
    Last edited by jet3534; 07-01-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Listed below is another of my favorites from Dreams of My Father. When I was in college most people I knew weren't having heavy discussions at night about neocolonialism. They were either studying, drinking beer or trying to get laid. Of course none of my old college friends are President, although one did run for an office in Texas as a Constitutional Party candidate. In a way one could say Obama is still putting out his cigarettes on the carpet.

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions."
    Last edited by jet3534; 07-01-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Listed below is another of my favorites from Dreams of My Father. When I was in college most people I knew weren't having heavy discussions at night about neocolonialism. They were either studying, drinking beer or trying to get laid. Of course none of my old college friends are President, although one did run for an office in Texas as a Constitutional Party candidate. In a way one could say Obama is still putting out his cigarettes on the carpet.

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions."
    His time would have been better spent studying. This paragraph is loaded with all kinds of grammatical errors.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community."

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    "I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community."
    Spoken by a mulatto, nonetheless.

He should be standing up for both races, not just the blacks. But, since he hates his mother, it follows that he would hate her race, too.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

"It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”

"The thing about hip-hop today is it's smart, it's insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable."

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    "If you like your _______ you can keep your _______ ." Fill in the blank with your favorite lie.

You didn't build that yourself!

Contributor 05/2012

When he starts with "Let me be perfectly clear........." the rest is a lie.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

" i did not have sexual relations with that wookie''......

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    " i did not have sexual relations with that wookie''......
    ...and he probably hasn't. He's gay, she's a beard and the kids are rented.
    Returns June 3rd.

"The good book says don't throw stones at glass houses" -- Obama citing non-existent Bible verse during immigration speech.

"I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman" - remarks to Saddleback Church in 2008.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

"I've now been in 57 states - I think one left to go." - Barack Saddam Hussein 0bama during his presidential campaign.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    "I've now been in 57 states - I think one left to go." - Barack Saddam Hussein 0bama during his presidential campaign.
    He needed the votes in those other 7 states to make sure he was elected both times.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    He needed the votes in those other 7 states to make sure he was elected both times.
    Heh.
    Returns June 3rd.

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania
    Returns June 3rd.

“I believe in evolution, scientific inquiry, and global warming..." - The Audacity of Hope

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." - speech to U.N.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Sorry, I try not to get any more exposure to zero than I have to. Couldn't begin to cite a single quote!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast