Thread: SCOTUS opholds Obamacare subsidies

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up SCOTUS opholds Obamacare subsidies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...are-subsidies/

6-4 ruling with Kennedy and Roberts voting with the majority. Roberts is such a huge disappointment.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Roadhouse Groupee

This will force the republicans to come up with a plan rather than standing in a circle waving their dicks at each other proclaiming how they're more anti-obamacare than anyone else . . . hardly the first decision The Supremes have made that worked some up in a lather

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

This just verifies the SCOTUS is compromised, at least Roberts is. He came up with some convoluted bend over backwards and twist around tax ruling and now the words in the law don't mean what they say......Obama's NSA have something on him?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

This is a disaster. Medical costs are skyrocketing and I guarantee you Obamacare over time will make it far worse. (it already has)

Every fucking thing the Democrats claimed this program would do has been proven to be a bald faced lie.

We don't as a nation have the money to pay for this fiasco. The left just continues to destroy our once great Republic.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

This current government has a self made power that can control and manipulate whatever they want. When the SCOTUS makes decisions that go against the grain of this country......you can bet your ass that someone or something has someone by the balls.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I think this shows that Representative Pelosi was right, there was no reason to read the bill or know what was in the bill to pass it as the SCOTUS will fix the wording later for them. I am starting to think we could save a lot of money if we just disband Congress and let the SCOTUS make all laws. Its not like the SCOTUS is determining what is and is not constitutional anymore, the take the laws they like that are not constitutional and fix the wording so that they are (barely) constitutional.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Maybe the court is saying elect better people we are bored.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I would really love to know what King Barack has over UnJustice Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I would really love to know what King Barack has over UnJustice Roberts.
    Look how well blackmail worked for J.Edgar Hoover and he had to get his information the low tech old fashioned way.

If this ruling doesn't scare the shit out of you you are not paying attention. Guess what is next gentlemen? The Second Amendment. We now have SCOTUS Justices that re-interpret what words and phrases mean to advance the liberal agenda and rescue poorly written law. Absolutely fucking terrifying.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    This is a disaster. Medical costs are skyrocketing and I guarantee you Obamacare over time will make it far worse. (it already has)

Every fucking thing the Democrats claimed this program would do has been proven to be a bald faced lie.

We don't as a nation have the money to pay for this fiasco. The left just continues to destroy our once great Republic.
    Right there, with those words, you have laid bare the agenda of Obamanation and the Libtards. They WANT to bankrupt this country and plunge it into chaos, so they can put in place a new government from the ashes. And, I can promise you this, it won't be a representative type of government.

SCOTUS is just doing its part to help bring this about.

We are screwed when SCOTUS abandons its Constitutional guidelines.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    If this ruling doesn't scare the shit out of you you are not paying attention. Guess what is next gentlemen? The Second Amendment. We now have SCOTUS Justices that re-interpret what words and phrases mean to advance the liberal agenda and rescue poorly written law. Absolutely fucking terrifying.
    I have been thinking this ever since I heard the ruling. That it made it to the Supreme Court was bad enough, for them to rewrite the law a second time to keep it from dying is beyond injustice. And you are right. Now that they have done it once, they will be able to do it to anything that comes before them. And notice that it was a 6-3 ruling, not a 5-4 ruling. Two supposedly conservative justices had no problem with rewriting law, which is the definition of legislating from the bench. You are right, this is terrifying.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Its time to hit the reset button.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

House bill would force the Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...l-in-obamacare
    Interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    House bill would force the Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...l-in-obamacare
    Interesting!!
    Interesting, yes. To little, to late, definitely.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Interesting!!
    Congress and POTUS should be made to as well.
    Returns June 3rd.

In all the excitement, the SCOTUS ruling on Texas Dept. of Housing v. Inclusive Communities seems to be more or less ignored by the media and people in general. Since the SCOTUS is so worried about disparate impact even if the impact is not a result of racial discrimination, they need to do something about the National Football leagues to get them to hire more white people.
    Last edited by jet3534; 06-25-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Congress and POTUS should be made to as well.
    There should be ZERO exclusions....Isn't it time to invoke equal representation? Oh wait lawsuits don't work when you're right, in this court apparently.