Thread: Californians Petition to Ban Police From Carrying Guns…You Know, To Keep Everyone Safe

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Californians Petition to Ban Police From Carrying Guns…You Know, To Keep Everyone Safe

After today, it's all historical.

They breed, they vote and they live off your taxes. Go USA!
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I hope they get their way, take firearms from the police. Does the idea of unintended consequences come to mind?

What a bunch of brain dead fools.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    They breed, they vote and they live off your taxes. Go USA!
    True that. But California provides THE MOST FEDERAL REVENUE in taxes to the USA (it flips every year between NEW YORK (another libtard state) and CALIFORNIA) so technically they're sponging off of their fellow Californians more.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I hope they get their way, take firearms from the police. Does the idea of unintended consequences come to mind?

What a bunch of brain dead fools.
    It was a joke. This guy (MARK DICE, a conservative activist) is famous for putting out bizarre and 'out there' petitions to see who is dumb enough to sign them. It's like Water's World or Jay Leno's Man on the street videos.

Mark Dice has put out petitions like : Should the UNDEAD (aka zombies) have the same civil rights as the LIVING? Should we BAN backpacks in the color Black? Should Obama be immune to prosecution for any or all crimes he commits while in office? Should the Bill of Rights be repealed? Should the FOURTH amendment be repealed? Should Obamacare cover dogs? Should we NUKE CHINA?

You're right about those people who sign them being brain dead tools. But this is NOT a serious survey or petition.

There was a SERIOUS petition in California that I supported.

Because the only reason WHY so much of the gun control in California passes is because they exempt the police (active duty AND RETIRED) including having cops own weapons that are banned personally, not for their job ......

There was a movement to require that ALL Law Enforcement must abide by the gun control LAWS and restrictions that EVERYONE else in the states has to. Thus, they are limited to 10 round mags (if they didn't have them already). They can't have NEW assault weapons (if they didn't have them already). If the police unions had to live with the same stupidity as law abiding gun owners, they'd right any and all legislation that messes with THEM as well as us.

The Spirit of Ronnie Barrett lives on!

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    There was a SERIOUS petition in California that I supported.

Because the only reason WHY so much of the gun control in California passes is because they exempt the police (active duty AND RETIRED) including having cops own weapons that are banned personally, not for their job ......

There was a movement to require that ALL Law Enforcement must abide by the gun control LAWS and restrictions that EVERYONE else in the states has to. Thus, they are limited to 10 round mags (if they didn't have them already). They can't have NEW assault weapons (if they didn't have them already). If the police unions had to live with the same stupidity as law abiding gun owners, they'd right any and all legislation that messes with THEM as well as us.

The Spirit of Ronnie Barrett lives on!
    The video takes this concept to the absurd extreme. No the police should not be subject to mag capacity restrictions, but neither should you. But I'm preaching to the choir.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    The video takes this concept to the absurd extreme. No the police should not be subject to mag capacity restrictions, but neither should you. But I'm preaching to the choir.
    It was just an attempt to get the stupid POLICE UNIONS to stop supporting gun control measures only because it didn't apply to them or their members. LOL. Of course I don't believe that cops should have restricted magazines. And, yes, I think high cap mag bans are idiotic. NONE of the high profile shootings were helped by high cap mags. They were all facilitated due to the fact that the victims were trapped and in 'gun free zones'.

One of the BIG idiocies of California is their 'approved handgun list'. They ban tons of handguns for sale on the false premise that 'they're unsafe to use'. Really? How come COPS are exempt from this ban and can buy so called 'unsafe handguns' all day long? If safety were the anti gunner's actual reason, then they are openly 'endangering' the lives of cops, right?