Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Doing Some Shooting This Weekend?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Yes. Taurus 4" .357 7 shot.
    Is that a gun you would trust your life to?

Not criticizing, just asking. I've had bad luck with Brazilian firearms in general, especially revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    If you guys are asking about the white box its a bluetooth speaker. Music from phone.
    We mean the black rectangular device at the bottom right of the table, to the left of VEPR, below the 5.56 AK mags.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

nothing wrong with taurus wheelguns, Yes some of their judges were out of spec but their normal wheelgun offerings are great. The older revovlers might last a few hours on a gun shops shelf around here and are starting to creep up to S&W used prices.

when you say "brazilian handguns" .... theres been a lot of shit from that part of the world .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    nothing wrong with taurus wheelguns, Yes some of their judges were out of spec but their normal wheelgun offerings are great. The older revovlers might last a few hours on a gun shops shelf around here and are starting to creep up to S&W used prices.

when you say "brazilian handguns" .... theres been a lot of shit from that part of the world .
    I had a Rossi branded .357 which was made by Taurus. It shit the bed firing snap caps before I even got to take it to the range. Broken firing pin and came out of timing, firing snap caps at home before going to the range.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

the thing right below the 2 AK ags
    Its a PBT

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

Not criticizing, just asking. I've had bad luck with Brazilian firearms in general, especially revolvers.
    That gun is not mine but it shot great. However I do have a Taurus 617Ti. 7 shot .357 snub. Never any problems. So I guess, yes. I would trust my life to it.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

No shooting but quite a bit of drinking & then steak grilling this evening. That should account for at least a bronze/silver star on my Man Card for the day, right?
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A breath analyzer ... at a shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    A breath analyzer ... at a shoot?
    Sure, why not? Its a novelty and people seem to enjoy it. There were several at the gathering that were not shooting and there was some beer. This unit is not highly accurate and is not certified or of evidentiary value. Basically a toy.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

dinked my back up yesterday so not lugging out any heavy shit.

have some new things that need 'testing'
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

wont win any contests with the sights on the pac-lite but even with a .45 can it's very easy on the ears. been looking at micro dots for it.

sometimes a turd floats to the top with the cream.. the mossberg brownie made in 1927, with it's awesome STRAIGHT rifling. It keyholed 18 out of 20 rounds today (.22 Long subs) at 7 yards.
    It was made to press against the back of a trapped animals head so what do you expect. kind of a last ditch gun + i made a ejector rod from a CZ52 cleaning rod.

my Gew98 mutant was OK, shot 25 rounds of turk 8mm . at 50 yards the group wasnt too impressive but I wasnt sitting comfortably and it's been about 6 months since i shot anything with mauser style sights.

got to shoot my 1911 skorpion too. havent shot it in months either, typical 1911 groups with fed Hy-shok ammo @ 7-15 yards.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Mutant k98 to be sure. No bent bolt, no scoop out below the bolt, flat buttplate instead of cupped style. What are the receiver markings and do you have a better photo of that stock marking, the big oval thing?

1915 Obendorf, Chang-Kai shek stock.

was a golden state arms rescue.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12