Thread: New RCBS press.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

New RCBS press.

I picked up a RCBS A5 4x4 press in like new condition set up with 9mm dies for 100 bucks today at an antique store. Looks like it has never been usd. 9MM is the only caliber I shoot that I am not geared up to reload. Bench is getting crowded, this makes the 5th press on the bench. I have an RCBS Jr, RCBS Big Max, Small Dillon, and a shotshell press. I guess I better get busy reloading. Since the rush on military surplus, I have not been reloading much....

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Congratulations. After my next move I will start watching for used reloading stuff. Sometimes you can do pretty well with used which then makes getting into reloading later in life a better idea financially.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

sounds like a sweet deal. I like RCBS warranty. They cover you for life even if your not the original owner.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

The press is missing the handle and the primer tube. But, it has the powder measure with drop tube, and a set of 9mm dies. I sent an email to RCBS to see if the handle is still available.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I would think the parts are still available. Reloading ... I have so many empty cases and seem to never get around to doing them.

thats a pretty good deal, i need to just buy a rockchucker for some of my stuff. I have a bunch of Lee and lyman presses as well.

I have one of those old Spar-t's too , cool concept cause you can run 3 sets of dies at once.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    thats a pretty good deal, i need to just buy a rockchucker for some of my stuff. I have a bunch of Lee and lyman presses as well.

I have one of those old Spar-t's too , cool concept cause you can run 3 sets of dies at once.
    I've used a RC for 50 years or so....you'll love it!
    Dan

I always wanted a Rock Chucker but even the badly used ones don't go cheap. I did buy a Big Max O press in the 70s. I use it to size rifle brass. I think I will set the new A5 up to load 223. I have a large bucket of brass some where. 9mm is still cheap. I now have an AR to shoot 223 in. I need to build a new bench. My current bench already has 4 presses on it, RCBS Jr, RCBS big max, Dillon and a MEC to load 12 ga....