Thread: New Spyderco

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up New Spyderco

Picked up this Spyderco Police model last Saturday and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I've not had this model before though I do have several Endura models which are similar. The Police is fairly large with a 4.125" blade length and an overall length of just under 9.5". There are several models with different blades options such as hollow or flat grind and choices of either plain edge, partially serrated and fully serrated. Scales options are either stainless steel or G-10. Mine is obviously the stainless steel model with hollow ground VG-10 blade.

Sportsman's Warehouse has this model on sale so I figured I'd pick one up. Being on sale and using my SW gift cards from my Sportsman's Warehouse credit card it was basically free so how could I resist. Overall I'm very pleased with it. Scales are a little slippery but its smooth, locks up solid and will shave hair with the best of them. If you're looking for a long blade but not a lot of bulk then this is one you might want to check out.

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I've lost interest in Spyderco since they changed the blade shape for no apparent reason.

BISHOP

That is a great knife. Mine is nearly 30 years old and was a daily carry for much of that. Wouldn't it be cool to do a Gunsnet commemorative run? Maybe make a few bucks for the site and offer a cool logo'd knife to the members.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I've lost interest in Spyderco since they changed the blade shape for no apparent reason.

BISHOP
    Which blade?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    That is a great knife. Mine is nearly 30 years old and was a daily carry for much of that. Wouldn't it be cool to do a Gunsnet commemorative run? Maybe make a few bucks for the site and offer a cool logo'd knife to the members.
    Not a bad idea. We did that years ago with a Gunsnet Kukri that I believe was a preorder type deal. I know Buck knives will do limited/custom runs but I don't know what the minimum order is? I presume other makers would or could do the same.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

They changed the design of the Endura.
    It looks the same but its fatter looking.

BISHOP