Thread: Scientists say a Mini Ice Age is coming

Scientists say a Mini Ice Age is coming

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    And yesterday it was global warming, and the day before that it was a new ice age, and the day before that...

This earth will have constant climate change due to the variability of our primary heat source, that bright blinding thing in the daytime sky regardless as to how many clouds.

Ocean and sky currents are also altered by our huge and close by moon, which also play into climate variability.

There is a secondary heat source within the earth itself caused by it's eccentric orbit around the sun. Not as much as that bright thing, but there none-the-less.

Of course there is more control when you cry "global warming is caused by man" or "climate change is caused by man". Lies that our country was founded against.

Well a mini ice age would suck, when the glacier moves into ny all those yankee liberals are going to move south.
    I like gore version when ny gets knock out by a tidal wave, cause the liberals will say it's not happening and stay home.
    Then they will get washed into Pennsylvania!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I predict that carbon emissions will cancel out the ice age!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Oh well!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I wonder when they're going to replay the "hole in the ozone" scam

The web site "Not by fire but by ice" has been saying this for a long time. They've been saying that we are not in a warming trend, but a cooling trend and we are overdue for another "mini-iceage".

Oops, I remembered the site name wrong. Here it is if anyone is interested. There are some very interesting photo's of the ice packs. http://iceagenow.com/

In the 1960 these high power transmission lines were put in. They were/are 115 feet tall.

Here's one of the cranes used to build them that was left there - too expensive to haul it back I guess:

There are a number of linked articles that explain why the arctic ice sheets are shrinking from the edges - underwater volcanoes have been very active heating the water. BUT, there is more ice than ever before. The ice is getting thicker while contracting in from the edges. This gives a false impression that the ice sheets have less ice.
    Last edited by L1A1Rocker; 07-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    The web site "Not by fire but by ice" has been saying this for a long time. They've been saying that we are not in a warming trend, but a cooling trend and we are overdue for another "mini-iceage".

Oops, I remembered the site name wrong. Here it is if anyone is interested. There are some very interesting photo's of the ice packs. http://iceagenow.com/

In the 1960 these high power transmission lines were put in. They were/are 115 feet tall.

Here's one of the cranes used to build them that was left there - too expensive to haul it back I guess:

There are a number of linked articles that explain why the arctic ice sheets are shrinking from the edges - underwater volcanoes have been very active heating the water. BUT, there is more ice than ever before. The ice is getting thicker while contracting in from the edges. This gives a false impression that the ice sheets have less ice.
    Thanks for the link.
    Returns June 3rd.

Time to break out those CO2 producing SUVs and lets fill the air with global warming gasses to avert this latest stupidity. I would love to have seen AlGore's face when he read about an ice age after him screaming about global warming.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Time to break out those CO2 producing SUVs and lets fill the air with global warming gasses to avert this latest stupidity. I would love to have seen AlGore's face when he read about an ice age after him screaming about global warming.
    I would bet he is a global cooling denier.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Come on, you all know damn well that the mini ice age is a direct result of man caused global warming

Actually the ice age will be blamed on man too effectively combating global warning, resulting in more taxes and even more regulations on the freedoms that our founders fought and some died for.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I say bring on the ice age.

We need a few harsh winters to run all the leftist DSMFs back down to their L48 schittholes of origin.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I say bring on the ice age.
    Agree! The older I get the more I dislike summer!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

This thread made me think of something I read about recently in a book that my Mom actually sent to me called "Final Warning" by Carl Gallups. It's actually a discussion of the correlation of recent (last century) events and the 7 horns detailed in Revelations. Interesting read if you're inclined. The author does a very good job of making the case for 5 of the 7 horns already transpiring with the next one, the 6th to be WWIII centered in the middle east...

Anyhoo, he mentions "global dimming" as being one of the horns - 5th IIRC. I hadn't heard of this before but apparently, it's an accepted phenomena: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/u...l-dimming.html

I was aware of the mini ice age onset...

I think there was a trend of global warming ahead of this but now earth's weather cycle has turned to a cooling trend. I personally think that there is some effect on weather by our activities but that it's just miniscule compared to naturally occurring conditions and events.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~