Thread: Wolf & SK .22LR ammo?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Wolf & SK .22LR ammo?

Okay, I bought a brick (500) of the Wolf match grade .22lr ammo, to see how good it is. As I understand it, it's made in Germany, and is supposed to be good stuff. My local gun shop carries the Match Grade, Match Extra and a couple of the SK offerings. (?)

Anyone else shoot much of this? Do you like it, what?

http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?op...id=3&Itemid=14
    Returns June 3rd.

Huh, I would have swore someone brought this up awhile back. Guess not.

Returns June 3rd.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I have a brick of it that came with a bulk buy but I haven't shot any of it yet. right now I am busy shooting up 3500 rounds of Blazer ammo and am pleasantly surprised. Only failures to fire were in the Marlin 60 because of light strikes. Time to rip the old gun down to its component parts and give it a super duper cleaning.

Give it a try and report on it. Nobody has posted in the rimfire competition thread this month, this is your chance to be king of the hill.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

DeadPool
    Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I have a brick of it that came with a bulk buy but I haven't shot any of it yet. right now I am busy shooting up 3500 rounds of Blazer ammo and am pleasantly surprised. Only failures to fire were in the Marlin 60 because of light strikes. Time to rip the old gun down to its component parts and give it a super duper cleaning.

Give it a try and report on it. Nobody has posted in the rimfire competition thread this month, this is your chance to be king of the hill.
    I have a Marlin 60 that jams on every round

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    What are you shooting in it? Mine doesn't like stingers or other high velocity truncated cone bullets but anything with a round nose feeds and shoots just fine. Remington Golden bullets, CCI mini Mags, Winchester Super X, Remington Standard velocity target bullets, they all shoot fine. Either you have a bullet your gun doesn't like or your gun needs a little cleaning and tweaking. By cleaning I mean in and around the chamber.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Somethings wrong, I've shot a Marlin 60 since 1968 when I got one for Christmas, my youngest brother still has that rifle and it's still going strong. Today I have a nice stainless steel one that shoots great. Normally the 60 is one of the most dependable semi-auto .22's you can get your hands on, pretty accurate too. It almost has to be a cleaning issue, but I get the extractor could be broke.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post

If it doesn't rain the boys and I are heading to the range Sunday. I'm wanting to try the Wolf ammo out and of course put some rounds down range with the 39A.
    Returns June 3rd.

The Wolf .22LR is good stuff. Basically repackaged SK Jagd as I understand it. Not quite Eley, but damn good stuff IF your firearm likes it. Remember, every rimfire is a law unto itself AFA ammo preference goes. Even rimfires of the same model.

It's standard velocity as I recall so it may give a semi-auto fits.
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Jefferson, you may be thinking about my range report of my Ruger 10-22 with the Wolf Match coming out on top?

My unerstanding is that the Wolf .22LR is packed by Ely/Tenex.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    My unerstanding is that the Wolf .22LR is packed by Ely/Tenex.
    You may be right. I remember the Tenex priming note on the box but I don't recall the exact relationship between SK Jagd, Eley and Tenex.
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I've only tried a box of Wolf Match Target 40gr solids. Bottom of the box says it's made in Germany. Of the 35 rounds I've shot, all in 5 round groups, it was a very good round even when going up against some Fiocchi, Federal Gold Medal, and Remington/Eley Target Match. I shot them through a USA Shooting team Ruger 10/22 bull barrel and old Remington 550-I. It did very well out of the ruger and good out of my Remy.

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson