Thread: Anyone seen the "ultimate" AK meltdown yet?

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Anyone seen the "ultimate" AK meltdown yet?

That's embarrassing. Only 265 rounds and the barrel bowed resulting in catastrophic failure. So much for the AK being unfuckupable. Granted, you're never gonna fire a semi auto fast enough to do this, but still. On the plus side, they managed to fix it by simply slamming it against a tree.

On another note, I notice they used a new production WASR with a full auto conversion. Maybe the barrels (and other parts) aren't made to the same specs that the military rifles the old WASR's were made from?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I personally have bumpfired as fast as I could 4, 30 round mags and a 75 round drum. Then in 15 minutes bumped 4, 40 round mags and a 75 round drum through an SA-A5M Hungarian AK. It really wasn't phased at all other than it made the finish on the handguards bubble up. No barrel walk, no barrel droop. That's about 235 rounds for the 4, 40's and the 75. I seriously doubt one more 30 rounder would of killed this rifle. Did similar things with a Mak 90 years earlier. Clearly there may be something to the fact that his weapon was a Romanian built weapon.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-16-2015 at 06:00 AM.

inferior quality for the export market.

i did close to the same with the maddi arm i had , 2 drums and a pile of 30's in around 5 minutes the only thing smoking was the oil was cooking off the metal. To me intermediate cartridges take much longer to get things hot VS full size 2800+ FPS calibers. but then again, most 762x39 guns have light barrels VS the barrel of something like an M60 ,PKM or 1919. Which is why they are trained in most com-bloc militarys to fire 100 rounds or less a minute since AK,RPK,RPD's have no barrel swap option.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I call BS on this video.

A late-model WASR uses a cheaply made US-sourced plain steel, button-rifled barrel. I would like to see this done with an earlier model that has an original chrome-lined hammer-forged barrel.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    I call BS on this video.

A late-model WASR uses a cheaply made US-sourced plain steel, button-rifled barrel. I would like to see this done with an earlier model that has an original chrome-lined hammer-forged barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAI
    The Romanian WASR-10 rifles are semi-automatic versions of the Pistol Mitralieră model 1963/1965 configured with a fixed wooden stock and forend. These rifles feature a hard chrome-lined hammer forged barrel, side mount scope rail and accepts double stack magazines. The WASR Rifle is a perfect choice for hunters and recreational shooters. Comes with two 30 rd. double stack mags., side mounted scope rail, classic slant brake, bayonet lug and a 1 year manufacturer's warranty.
    False advertising?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".