Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting at Naval Recruiting Center In Chatanooga

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/JTTOTS26R/p...type=1&theater

The story I am reading is that CNN, MSNBC, and CBS showed the fallen marine multiple times. Fox showed it once live claiming it was the shooter then in subsequent showings blurred the image.
    Thanks. My take on this is that Fox while showing live footage showed one of the Marines. Unfortunate but in a totally different category from CNN, MSNBC, and CBS who continued to show the Marine. Fox should apologize and then move on. An apology for what CNN, MSNBC, and CBS apparently continued to do would not suffice. One is an accident, the other is purposeful.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

This crap makes me sick. To paraphrase the loony left, "how many of our soldiers need to die before we arm them?".

Really, how many people period have to die at the hands of some f'd up coward before we eliminate the low-risk shooting zones?

Not that I comply with them.... nor do I suspect that most of you here do. Sign? Oh, I didn't see that sign... somebody must have been standing in front of it when I came in....
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Just finished reading the CNN updates as of this morning. They are blaming depression. They also commented on how one of his firearms was purchased online. So there you have the angle they are going to go with.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Just finished reading the CNN updates as of this morning. They are blaming depression. They also commented on how one of his firearms was purchased online. So there you have the angle they are going to go with.
    They did the same thing with Cho after the Va Tech massacre. There was all this ,"He bought it online" ranting and raving until they found out that the gun he bought online still went through an FFL and a background check as required by law for that type of purchase.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They did the same thing with Cho after the Va Tech massacre. There was all this ,"He bought it online" ranting and raving until they found out that the gun he bought online still went through an FFL and a background check as required by law for that type of purchase.
    Unfortunately, most people's attention span is not long enough to follow the whole story. What they will remember is that we need to ban on-line sales because crazy people can by guns unchecked that way. Fact and truth are not friends of those who seek to remove freedom and liberty. Low attention spans and lazy people, however, are.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    On line still has to be shipped to a FFL dealer.........then the fed approval or denial. Can't ship directly to person........at least, that's the way it is here.
    Dan

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    On line still has to be shipped to a FFL dealer.........then the fed approval or denial. Can't ship directly to person........at least, that's the way it is here.
    Dan
    Pretty sure it's that way everywhere, except for black powder muzzle loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Details are still sketchy, but, according to the radio, the shooter is dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/chattanooga-ac...154953657.html

Correction to title: It was a Marine recruiting center. The radio said "Naval," so I wrote that instead of "Marine." (I know they are related, but there is a difference...)

ANOTHER shooting in a "gun free zone". What a coincidence.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    This crap makes me sick. To paraphrase the loony left, "how many of our soldiers need to die before we arm them?".

Really, how many people period have to die at the hands of some f'd up coward before we eliminate the low-risk shooting zones?

Not that I comply with them.... nor do I suspect that most of you here do. Sign? Oh, I didn't see that sign... somebody must have been standing in front of it when I came in....

I'm surprised that commanders at military bases haven't already said "screw the rules - we're not going to be sitting ducks any longer" and order the soldiers to carry 24/7 in defiance of the law.

All those clueless know-nothing politicians who have decreed "gun free" school zones and "gun free" military bases have a lot of blood on their hands and they should be tried for their crimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    Dan

I've purchased a lot of firearms "online".

Each and every one was shipped to an FFL who did the 4473, the NICS check and all the other BS before I could take them home.

Maybe "buying online" sounds like a way to get "anything you want without a background check", but that's not how it is (as we all know).

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Congress Passes a Bill to Allow Conceal Carry on Military Bases

http://gopthedailydose.com/2015/07/1...ilitary-bases/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Congress may have passed this law, but Obama still has to sign it. He's not going to want to do that. It goes against his goal to disarm ALL Americans.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Congress Passes a Bill to Allow Conceal Carry on Military Bases

http://gopthedailydose.com/2015/07/1...ilitary-bases/

Steve
    This was in the House version of the Defense Authorization Act, not yet passed by the Senate. Also, this amendment does not direct military members be allowed to carry concealed weapons but allows installation commanders to allow personnel to concealed carry. Better than what we have now, but I expect very few installation commanders will grant us the ability to concealed carry so it will not really change anything. Of course the other problem, as Ali points out, is the likelihood of the President signing a bill that is in agreement with the Constitution as regards firearms is not high.

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Fox News is reporting that a Glock was found at the Reserve Center that they believe belonged to one of the Marines that was killed. It had been fired. The Lt. Cmdr. in charge of the Reserve Center also stated he fired at the shooter with a person weapon. No details on what the weapon was. Unknown if the Lt. Cmdr. will face disciplinary action over having the firearm. Autopsy results on the shooter should/could be released later this week. I'd like to think one of our service members took down the shooter.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123