Thread: A Touch of Class

A Touch of Class

I have been having on and off issues with feeding with my Wilson Combat CQB since I bought it. Given the steep price tag this was disappointing to say the least. I finally got fed up enough to send it back for service and am glad I did. Their service dept is second to none and I felt like I was treated like a king. Someone is assigned to your gun, in addition to the custom gunsmith, to basically walk your gun through the repair, make sure you are satisfied, and keep you up to date and get it turned around in a timely manner. Turns out the extractor was never fit quite right and they took care of it for free. While it was in there I had it refinished. The gun came with a green frame and black slide from the factory and I never liked this look. To me it seemed like it was trying too hard. I had them refinish it in all black. I also threw on a touch of double diamond stocks because to me nothing says 1911 like a pair of checkered wood double diamond grips.

After

The Before Pic

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Much nicer!
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Much better looking for sure and I am glad they did not give you any flack, plus a specific
    problem.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have to agree, looks much better. Glad you had a good experience.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep, has that "Classic" 1911 good looks with the wood grips. So have you had a chance to shoot it after the rework?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yep, has that "Classic" 1911 good looks with the wood grips. So have you had a chance to shoot it after the rework?
    No I havent, it might be a few weeks. I'll post a separate range report. You guys should see the test target that they sent back with it. Pretty much one hole at 15 yards....I have a long way to go before I can do that. I'm sure their tester used a sand bag though.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    No I havent, it might be a few weeks. I'll post a separate range report. You guys should see the test target that they sent back with it. Pretty much one hole at 15 yards....I have a long way to go before I can do that. I'm sure their tester used a sand bag though.
    Probably used a Ransom Rest system.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Probably used a Ransom Rest system.
    yep, some of the older ransoms are $$$$$.. nobody gives them up.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I finally got it out to the range 100 rounds without a hitch through a few different mags. Below group is 2 mags at 10 yards. I'm not the best shot but I'm happy with it.