Thread: Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Exclamation Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/gun...e-pistol-case/

Steve

Poster's Note: I couldn't find any mention of this issue on the Taurus website.
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

The settlement agreement covers nine Taurus models, including the PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640 and PT-24/7
    quote from site, because thats all i wanted to know from the article.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Holy shit! That's a lot of models!

I had a Gen. 1 PT111 Millennium. Biggest piece of junk gun I've ever owned. It went away quick and a a deep discount with full disclosure. I still have a Taurus revolver and I like it but I would not buy another semi auto.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I had a Gen. 1 PT111 Millennium. Biggest piece of junk gun I've ever owned. It went away quick and a a deep discount with full disclosure. I still have a Taurus revolver and I like it but I would not buy another semi auto.

If that's the biggest piece of junk you've ever owned, then I guess you've never had a Walther P-22.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    If that's the biggest piece of junk you've ever owned, then I guess you've never had a Walther P-22.
    i have a p-22, never gave me a problem. i dont like it as much as the ruger sr-22, but i cant find mags for that and i have several for the walther. ive also never had a problem wit my taurus semis, although none of mmine are plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Correct. Never owned any Walther. My father in law has a PPX (I think thats the model) and he loves it. Full capacity 9mm and he paid around $300 new. I've shot a PPK/S...hated it. Not a fan of .380 to begin with but in a heavy, low capacity auto loader with a horrible trigger its just stupid.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I have experience with a SW-99 (Walther P99 for US market) and a classic PPK. Both were excellent firearms IMO. The PPK is old tech and therefore relatively heavy and clunky, but they are super reliable and accurate in my experience. Compared to Smith J-frame, which would have been its main 20'th century competition in the US, its thinner, easier to carry, easier to reload, and easier to carry multiple reloads on your person. In a modern setting its still a fun collectible, IMO.

I have a buddy with a Walther PPQ and he absolutely loves.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I have experience with a SW-99 (Walther P99 for US market) and a classic PPK. Both were excellent firearms IMO. The PPK is old tech and therefore relatively heavy and clunky, but they are super reliable and accurate in my experience. Compared to Smith J-frame, which would have been its main 20'th century competition in the US, its thinner, easier to carry, easier to reload, and easier to carry multiple reloads on your person. In a modern setting its still a fun collectible, IMO.

I have a buddy with a Walther PPQ and he absolutely loves.
    I opted for the J Frame.

I love my Walther P22. Accurate as h3LL and never once let me down.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I opted for the J Frame.

Word.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Court pushes Taurus settlement to July

http://www.guns.com/2016/02/01/court...ement-to-july/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Thank God I don't have any of THOSE guns. I do have older PT-92 models and they work fine

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Thank God I don't have any of THOSE guns. I do have older PT-92 models and they work fine
    I like the Taurus model 92's and 96's more than beretta's because they fixed one of my biggest gripes about the m-9 and that's the location of the safety.

I've also had good luck with my two revolvers from them, but I think anymore I would go with ruger, still can't bring myself to pay 1k or more for a S&W wheel gun.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    still can't bring myself to pay 1k or more for a S&W wheel gun.
    The 'new' Smith and Wesson styling is just butt ugly, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    I like the Taurus model 92's and 96's more than beretta's because they fixed one of my biggest gripes about the m-9 and that's the location of the safety.
    BINGO! ive got ss one i paid $200 for that i shoot in competition. its so much fun outshooting all of the gun snobs with their $2000 1911's and their tricked out glock race guns.

i prob wouldnt buy one of their new plastic guns, but i have fondled a hammer fired hi cap 45 acp that i was very fond of. (iirc, model 854? 864? )