Thread: The current rendition of my last AR assemblage

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The current rendition of my last AR assemblage

It's a del-ton rifle kit on a MSGO (Mississippi Gun Owners) group buy lower. 14.5" barrel with pinned flash hider. Other stuff is pretty obvious I guess. Scope is labeled. Magpul and Ergogrip furniture and mods.

I like it. It's my go-to SHTF carbine.

Not that I'd feel under armed with one of my AKs

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Nice. How does it shoot with the shorter barrel? I want to build a classic AR that looks like the vietnam M16
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I like it, especially the 14.5" barrel. I have a M4 clone and wish that it either had a 14.5" barrel or just be a mid-length, but I paid significantly less for the 16" carbine setup in summer 2013 (post sandy hook).

Me and my guns currently live in two different places, so here is what I have with me when I'm away from the compound:

(plus a polish P-64)

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    It's a del-ton rifle kit on a MSGO (Mississippi Gun Owners) group buy lower. 14.5" barrel with pinned flash hider. Other stuff is pretty obvious I guess. Scope is labeled. Magpul and Ergogrip furniture and mods.

Looks good but why no 30 round Magpul magazine? Oh is that Carbine length gas system or Mid-length?

BTW is that the Nikon 3 to 9x P223 with the 600 yard BDC reticle?
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-28-2015 at 09:49 PM.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I like it. Simple, practical, and clean-looking with the right amount of custom touch.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Looks like I have similar taste to others here

The barrel/chamber is chrome lined and 1:7 twist. It shoots M855 great. The gas tube is carbine length. The Scope is 3X fixed with BDC out to 400 yards. I like it a lot. The 3x isn't so much that you can't easily use it at 25 yards but really, at that distance, you're point shooting or should be!! Plus the 3x carbine version here is only around $150-170 - much less than the variable versions.

The 20 rounder is for the range and stores in the safe easier Next photo shoot I'll remember to put a Pmag or other 30 rounder in it for viewing pleasure.

I also have a 16" lightweight 1:9 twist chromed barreled middy del-ton kit assembly on the same lower - consecutive serial to this one. I'd just been wanting a shorter version so jumped when they had the 14.5" kit on sale. I can't remember the make of handguard/rail - think it was Troy. I do like that as I can install a tac light on one side if I want - just cut the pad back to allow for it...

I like the Ergo grips and magpul trigger guards. Just finishes them off. I also like the MOE furniture as pictured by Funky above.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Looks like I have similar taste to others here

The barrel/chamber is chrome lined and 1:7 twist. It shoots M855 great. The gas tube is carbine length. The Scope is 3X fixed with BDC out to 400 yards. I like it a lot. The 3x isn't so much that you can't easily use it at 25 yards but really, at that distance, you're point shooting or should be!! Plus the 3x carbine version here is only around $150-170 - much less than the variable versions.

The 20 rounder is for the range and stores in the safe easier Next photo shoot I'll remember to put a Pmag or other 30 rounder in it for viewing pleasure.

I also have a 16" lightweight 1:9 twist chromed barreled middy del-ton kit assembly on the same lower - consecutive serial to this one. I'd just been wanting a shorter version so jumped when they had the 14.5" kit on sale. I can't remember the make of handguard/rail - think it was Troy. I do like that as I can install a tac light on one side if I want - just cut the pad back to allow for it...

I like the Ergo grips and magpul trigger guards. Just finishes them off. I also like the MOE furniture as pictured by Funky above.
    Looks good. This post answered all my questions.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization