Thread: For you gamers.

For you gamers.

You guys may be able to pick up some deals.
    http://www.evga.com/newsletter/ENL_2015-07-28/
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

They should give me prizes for all the EVGA video cards I've bought. They have great warranties.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm running a Poseidon 780 GT in my Desk Top.

running a GTX 650

handles even the newest shit easy.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Damn you guys are way ahead of me, GTS450's in SLI on my gaming computer. Replacements by EVGA for one of my slightly older cards 7800's going bad in SLI.

Related question, is having more than 8gb of RAM overkill right now? I heard that the computers put out now, even under heavy use would not need more than 8gb.

I wouldn't think so. But I do not game so maybe one of the others will chime in, evga.com has a community forum.
    Ask em.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I still run a 7800 in my desktop and use integrated graphics in my laptop.

My desktop used to be decent but is quickly becoming a relic. It can still work as my high-def video machine and home stereo.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    Related question, is having more than 8gb of RAM overkill right now? I heard that the computers put out now, even under heavy use would not need more than 8gb.
    IMO 8 GB of ram for gaming is good enough for the most part. Some benefit can be had from more but really your biggest bang comes from the graphics card GPU and how much ram is on the card. The Poseidon has 3 GB of VRAM, my older cards I replaced it with had 1 Gb each.

In my case the Poseidon card is PCIE 3 and my MoBo is PCIE 2 but 16X speed. So my board is bottlenecking the 780 card. The newer 960, 970 and 980's are having up to 4 GB on them. CPU speed and Cache size also play into the results.

Ok, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I still run a 7800 in my desktop and use integrated graphics in my laptop.

My desktop used to be decent but is quickly becoming a relic. It can still work as my high-def video machine and home stereo.
    Every 5 years a PC is over the hill with respect to programs vs. technology. About March I rebuilt my PC by getting a Fractal Define R4 case and transferring the guts into it from my old cramped case, an Apevia brand. About a month later my old Nvidia Night Hawk SLI pair of graphics cards crapped out. Well, one of them did anyway so I replaced them with one super card the Poseidon GT 780 by Asus. The case has USB 3.0 sockets in the front, but the MoBo only has USB 2.0 capability. I built that board up in 2010, it's an AMD CPU Chip board by Asus. Board is black and has copper and blue colored heat shields, but it is obsolete and so is the CPU the FX 955 quad core. Oddly enough the DDR3 ram is still viable if I were to rebuild with a new board. I was moving toward that but then ...

Since July 1st my house roof has given up due to wind storms and hail, leaks everywhere. The upstairs AC unit I discovered was malfunctioning last night. My Tundra's front suspension is shot and needs a complete rebuild. Chance to rebuild my desk top now is plummeted to zero for at least another 6 months. The only good news is that the insurance is approving the roof replacement but I'm still on the hook for a $1,016 buck deductible.

add deadbeat renters to that list schoozt.

I get my extra $$$ from overtime BUT... normally .....ho lee fuck......................this spring was shitageddon.............. good thing I'm lernt in electricity and water.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!