Thread: Anyone ever try one of these tripod adaptors?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Anyone ever try one of these tripod adaptors?

This looks interesting and potentially useful:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_M...mag624-blk.htm

Directly mount your rifle to tripod head without use of additional saddles for secure shooting platform
    Compatible exclusively w/Manfrotto products using RC2/Q2 rapid connect adapter
    Directly mounts to metal M-LOK handguards & forends
    Cammed T-Nuts
    MIL-SPEC anodized aluminum, corrosion-resistant
    Compact & low-profile design covers only (2) M-LOK slots
    Beveled ends & corners minimizes snagging
    Recoil/impact mitigation lugs
    Made in USA
    NOTE: NOT intended for use w/polymer handguards or forends
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes it does, hadn't seen it before.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

My father uses the one that converts the tripod into a shooting stick. It is very useful to him as he is older and has a hard time keeping the rifle steady while standing.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    My father uses the one that converts the tripod into a shooting stick. It is very useful to him as he is older and has a hard time keeping the rifle steady while standing.

The advantage of this item is that it could be used on a "monopod" that has a plastic cover cap over a stud for screwing a camera down. Put this yoke on instead and also use the monopod as a walking stick as well as a rifle rest.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    The advantage of this item is that it could be used on a "monopod" that has a plastic cover cap over a stud for screwing a camera down. Put this yoke on instead and also use the monopod as a walking stick as well as a rifle rest.
    I like this, too. I will have to keep my eyes open for one.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    This looks interesting and potentially useful:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_M...mag624-blk.htm
    not liking it. i feel that solidly attaching a rifle to a large tripod severely decreases its mobility, and therefore, its usefulness.

i do have a monopod, just a cheap one. id like to upgrade it to one of these.
    http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Monopod...0QFMCMC41XZTMX

they also make a tripod and bipod version. these are slick as fuck. no screwing with locks and shit, you squeeze the trigger, the leg(s) drop to the ground ( and set their angle, if using the bi- or tri- version) then release the trigger and everything is locked.

Harris Bipod!

Nuff said!!!!

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Harris Bipod!

Nuff said!!!!

BISHOP
    The longest Harris I've ever seen is only long enough to keep a rifle level if you're sitting cross-legged!

With this yoke on a decent monopod, you can adjust the height, lean to the side to shoot around an obstacle, sit or kneel to shoot uphill, all without having to hold up more than a fraction of the gun's weight.

And the gun is NOT attached to the monopod as it is resting on the yoke!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”