Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity of politicians knows no bounds

Stupidity of politicians knows no bounds

Just caught a glance of this on the morning news:

In the "Safe" state of New York they banned toy guns (even with the orange muzzle marking), sued several retailers and now only toys that are completely bright colored (barrel, stock and all) are legal.

They had a "very convincing" demonstration where a news guy "snuck up" on cops who were known to be training (outside) and were "armed" with simulated pistols (dumbass was lucky they WERE only training).

The news guy had a black plastic pistol in his waistband (with orange tip) and approached several cops, turned around and pulled out the toy.

All the cops drew their weapons (training pistols thank goodness) and yelled "drop the weapon". A few of them, understandably, actually pulled their triggers, proving how "dangerous" a toy can be.

Then they SPECIFICALLY made it a point to say that "a cop would certainly know not to shoot if he saw a bright florescent yellow and orange gun".

Before the news item was over, my thought was "$1.69 can of florescent orange Rustoleum and a Remington 870 does the trick".

Do they believe that no BAD GUY will think of this?

Sheesh......

(click the quote for the complete article)

NYS reaches settlement with sellers of toy guns By - Associated Press - Monday, August 3, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - New York has reached a settlement with sellers of toy gun.

State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman tells The New York Times that retailers including Walmart, Sears and Amazon have agreed to keep realistic-looking toy guns off their shelves. He’s set to announce the agreement Monday.

The accords carry collective civil penalties of over $300,000.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I would bet that most cops would fire based on motions of the person pulling a gun and shape, color will not even register in their minds for about a second after their weapon is unholstered and pointed at the person with the "toy". If the person with the "toy" is lucky, the color will register before the first shot is fired. Given what you said and the brightly colored pistols, AKs, and ARs I have seen I hope the color of the pistol does not change the action of the officer or we will have more dead police officers.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

What's stupid here is that I've had cops draw guns on me for holding a Telescope and tripod on one occasion (on a hilltop watching the Pleiades) and another time a cop pointed a gun at me when I was holding a light stand for a documentary being filmed in San Francisco at night. He was yelling "Put down the rifle" and I was looking around behind me for the 'guy with the rifle' and was wondering where he was.

It harkens back to the incident in Long Beach where the cops gunned down a black man sitting on a bench at the beach, holding a 'boombox' and they claimed they thought it was a 'sawed off shotgun' and the typical response at the time was for the politicians to call for MORE gun control, except that NO gun was present except those fired by the police officers.

The sad thing is that we must be proactive in NOT doing or holding ANYTHING that the cops can think is a weapon. Who knows how twitchy their trigger fingers are on that occasion.

Don't forget the 44 shots at that poor guy holding his wallet. There were entrance wounds in the bottom of his feet. The cops kept reloading.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Don't forget the 44 shots at that poor guy holding his wallet. There were entrance wounds in the bottom of his feet. The cops kept reloading.

BISHOP
    Yep Amadou Diallo. He didnt' speak English that well, and those cops who shot him were part of the Sullivan Law task force, aka the NYC ANTI GUN unit, designed specifically to confiscate guns from everyone , career criminal or not......

Fucking hate this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    Fucking hate this state.

Me too. Me too.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Move!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Move!
    Easier said than done.

And for the record, California's own falling 'Red state' members are a result of too many cowards packing up and leaving rather than fighting the enemy. I say stay and fight.

Cops might shoot at orange tip gun wielders as felons have painted their muzzles orange to create confusion and gain time in a confrontation with police.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Luckily we don't have these kind of problems here in the happy People's Republik of Illinois.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Cops might shoot at orange tip gun wielders as felons have painted their muzzles orange to create confusion and gain time in a confrontation with police.
    BTW< did you know that Commiefornia passed a law making it ILLEGAL to paint your gun in bright fluorescent colors purely because gang bangers were doing that so that they could get a 2-5 second drop on any cop who stopped them..... purportedly.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Luckily we don't have these kind of problems here in the happy People's Republik of Illinois.

You guys gave the country Obama. I think there is enough shame in Illinois to go around

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    BTW< did you know that Commiefornia passed a law making it ILLEGAL to paint your gun in bright fluorescent colors purely because gang bangers were doing that so that they could get a 2-5 second drop on any cop who stopped them..... purportedly.....
    Well, if there was a Law passed to forbid the shitheads from painting their gats deceitful colors...I'm sure it will end such practice.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

You guys gave the country Obama. I think there is enough shame in Illinois to go around
    NO Sxxx!!
    And now "Hot Rod" is appealing his conviction and trying to get out of prison!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

fucking unreal

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

Or conversely not fire at someone with a real gun painted florescent orange.

Well then of course a criminal won't do it. They always obey the law!

Ignore my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    NO Sxxx!!
    And now "Hot Rod" is appealing his conviction and trying to get out of prison!
    Blago may have some dirt on 0bama to use as a get out of jail free card.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    Fucking hate this state.
    If it wasn't for family in the area, I would have been gone the day after I retired, 10 plus years ago!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast