Thread: Don't try dis at home #Enfieldlivesmatter

Don't try dis at home #Enfieldlivesmatter

Acquired some Khyber Pass Enfield clones from our resident saturday night special collector.
    after some work and matching parts and recrowning the trapezoid shaped muzzle. Lots of cleaning too..

did some minor metal tests and decided to give it a whirl.

new win. 303 brit brass, 51 grs** of Goex FFG 175 and 182gr hard cast .312 bullets with gas check, 5 of each and 2 180gr jacketed soft point loaded with 11gr of Unique to clean it out at the end.

My new space age contraption to safely remotely fire this exquisite example of mujahedin cave dwelling fucktard craftsmanship.

i rigged it up so I was pulling straight back on the trigger from 15' back while i was at another 10' away at 60* . I basically treated it like a piece of cheap artillery.

at 75 feet , it basically kept a manhole sized "pattern" in the dirt. Pattern.. because it had a pattern of hitting the same big lump of backstop dirt most of the shots.

I have the extractor out of it since the old one fell apart ( my only real gripe with these is the springs in everything are made of tin) , so I used my usgi .30 cal rod to bump out the empties.

on about the 6th shot the gun and mount flipped almost completely 360* in the air.. i'll be fair and give it a 330* ... seems someone left their cleaning rod in the barrel, it rested against the new round I pushed in so being a BP load it basically pushed the bullet and my good cleaning rod into neverland . I dont know the weight of a .30cal cleaning rod with handle but I have a feeling it + the weight of the 182gr bullet was quite a bit.

Inspecting things, thinking it had to be fucked. the only issue was the stupid bayo end cap came off again. So I checked the bore and resumed firing the remaining rounds without issue.
    Using the Unique loaded rounds I had no issues either.

Brass came out fine, no splits/deformities. Surprisingly headspace is only off by .00275 . Other than filthy and the front sight assembly falling off as well when it heated up ( was held on by wood glue, imagine that) .

Don't Make bore obstructions, if I was using real .303 loads/ammo this would have been a disaster. Amusing from the distance BUT then I'd be out a rifle even if is destined to be a wall hanger.

Would I shoot this , Yes- only in SHTF with BP loads .

Cool piece of weirdo history BUT...nothing I'd readily risk sticking my face behind.
    Last edited by Helen Keller; 08-03-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thanks for the report. I found it interesting and a little humorous but only because your cleaning rod caused you no harm
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Mama....don't let ur baby be a cowboy...................................lol
    Dan

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks like a K98 and an Enfield had sex! Geez that's weird looking!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Looks like a K98 and an Enfield had sex! Geez that's weird looking!
    When I read this statement I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard. Thought the same thing.

Sometimes weird is nice, and in this case, nice!

actually it's very close to Ross transistion MKI .

piece of crap .......... don't do it.

worst part of the day.......... leaves are turning YELLOW..
    Last edited by Helen Keller; 08-03-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

I don't know what's more shocking, that it didn't explode or that the chamber is actually sized to fit a cartridge.

Was that the one that I had the front barrel band held on by the tension of a piece of leather jammed between it and the barrel?

no that's the other one... most of it held together by what looks like chopped down drywall screws.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!