Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regrets...

I regret every gun I ever sold. Ruger security six in ss, Colt trooper, Ruger mk I with a bull barrel, Colt Gold Cup, etc, etc. I also regret not buying a full auto before 1986.
    Last edited by Viking350; 08-15-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Well ... at least he didn't shoot himself in the leg.
    dirtbag kid brother should have gotten a damn job and bought one himself.............
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

A Remington nylon .22 i got for my 13th birthday, didn't sell it, gave it to my cousin when i joined the marines. The intention was that he keep it, but the little jackkass pawned it for 25 bucks and never took it out of pawn

303 MK 4 British Enfield that I had for 20 years loaned it to one of my sons who after a time pawned it. He eventually replaced it with a 91/30 Moison Nagant as a birthday present on my 70th birthday. An M1 Carbine Loaned to a friend who promptly left somewhere out of state or country without notifying me as to where. (I know I need to make better choices of my friends).

There were several that I traded or sold because I had the hots for something else and a few I had the opportunity to buy but didn't ... some I didn't realize how much I liked them until they were gone. Over the last couple years I've been replacing them ... mostly genuine but a few are clones.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    My number one firearm that I didn't buy but should have has been mentioned many times, and each time it hurts even more. In 1976 I had a friend that ran a firearm/jewelry store at a local mall. He had an M16 that he offered to me for $250. I didn't buy it because I couldn't see paying the blackmail fee to the government of $200 for a rifle that was only $50 more! DOH!!!!

Other regrets, all the MAK-90s way back when that I sold for $400 thinking I did good.

The SAR-1s from Aim Surplus that the owner was nice enough to sell me for a price I promised I wouldn't reveal. I will keep my promise to Eric and not reveal the price, but suffice to say it was well below normal. I wish I bought about a dozen more.

The Poly Tech AKS-762 double folder that I sold to a friend. At least I know he is enjoying it!

bleh......................... some of mine..

NIB 86-S , NIB 84-S1 .... The 20+ SKS' from everywhere.

Was thinking the other day.

The only rifle I have never owned is an SKS M/D
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gprod55 View Post
    303 MK 4 British Enfield that I had for 20 years loaned it to one of my sons who after a time pawned it. He eventually replaced it with a 91/30 Moison Nagant as a birthday present on my 70th birthday. An M1 Carbine Loaned to a friend who promptly left somewhere out of state or country without notifying me as to where. (I know I need to make better choices of my friends).
    No you just need to stop lending out your rifles. Like Franklin said", "a borrower nor a lender be".

Back about 1975, I traded a Ruger .22 SA pistol that was only a couple of years old for a more compact .380. The Ruger had about a 7" barrel and was a hoot to shoot but I wanted a larger caliber.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12