Thread: Zastave M90NP RIFLES in stock!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Zastave M90NP RIFLES in stock!

The Zastava M77 was going to be next rifle (I think), but dammit, I may have to bump this one up on my list now.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Well, shit.

I wish they had npap furniture instead of that hideous plastic crap.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That is interesting looking. I do love my SAR-3, so I can get behind a 5.56 AK.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Hmmm, do want.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Well, shit.

I wish they had npap furniture instead of that hideous plastic crap.
    Agreed. I would just have to buy some wood. Or go full tactical with it, ie magpul stocks and houge hand guards with the modular rail sections.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Agreed. I would just have to buy some wood. Or go full tactical with it, ie magpul stocks and houge hand guards with the modular rail sections.
    Yeah, the Zhukov stock from Magpul would be nice, folding and telescoping. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod75053.aspx About $95 from Brownells.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Channeling the inner Printerman?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    The AR mag adapter makes it "un-soviet" enough that some leeway for tacticool is permissible.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The AR mag adapter makes it "un-soviet" enough that some leeway for tacticool is permissible.

Ha!

No, I'd be channeling modern ideas about defensive rifles into a classic design. The Russians and other east Europeans (with the leeway to choose their own gear) have been using railed handguards, modern grips, and AR stock adapters for a while.

Besides that, my tastes are much better than Printard. I'd use an RS regulate side mount for optics, mount a light from the small railed section on the houge's modular handguard, and use a folding AR stock adapter with either a CTR stock or the Battlelink light weight stock. Since the stocks and handuards come in a variety of colors, I'd probably make it foliage green to match my M4.

But then again I'd probably just buy a wooden stock set, update the muzzle device, and get a RS regulate side mount for optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yeah, the Zhukov stock from Magpul would be nice, folding and telescoping. http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod75053.aspx About $95 from Brownells.

Unfortunately, Magpul doesn't make furniture for the Yugo/Serbian pattern rifles. I would have to use a AR stock adapter.

To be honest, I'm thinking it would look best in wood.

For one thing, how many other rifles chambered in .223 using AR mags have wood furniture? Also it would go well with other Serbian AKs.