Thread: Going rate for Nagants?

Going rate for Nagants?

An old buddy of mine called and has a friend looking for a nagant. I know that this is a pretty general question. But what say you for a 91/30? Or M44?
    M38? Average to refinished condition. Is 300 too much to ask for a refurb 91/30? TIA.

generally 91/30's are still going $100-150 unless they're laminated.

Somebody must have found out that M38's/44's were made of gold cause I haven't seen one for under $250 in the last 4 years. ( those chinese things dont count)
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    generally 91/30's are still going $100-150 unless they're laminated.

Somebody must have found out that M38's/44's were made of gold cause I haven't seen one for under $250 in the last 4 years. ( those chinese things dont count)
    Thanks, the only point of reference that I have had (lately) is armslist and seeing local ads. It is a friend of a friend, but I still wouldn't want to over charge. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Thanks, the only point of reference that I have had (lately) is armslist and seeing local ads. It is a friend of a friend, but I still wouldn't want to over charge. Thanks.
    that's how i usually roll, unless it's something that's worth $$$$$$$$$$ I usually sell it to someone for what i paid for it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Not long ago, when AIM had basic 91/30s, they were $129. Then there's shipping, and with no C&R, there's an FFL transfer fee.
    So the seller needs to take all that into consideration when selling. Then there is checking various web sites, like GB as an example, to see what the absolute highest selling price is, no matter how stupid it is.
    If all 91/30s start selling for a premium, the seller should adjust for this if he wants. Maybe he just wants to make $50 profit on top of what he has in it.

As in my case, I have a few of the carbine length models, M-44, M38, 91/56, etc. They're all different, so I'll keep them because I like them. I don't even know what they are selling for nowadays.
    I don't care for the 91/30 at all, but at the time I felt I needed one just to round out my collection, and the Russians carried them in the movie, 'Enemy at the Gates', so I bought one.