Thread: ET saved the world

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

ET saved the world

I knew it, i'm not crazy, those little voices in my head telling me the mothership would be here any day to return me to the stars were not a product of delusional schizophrenia

From “The Day the Earth Stood Still” to “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” to “E.T.,” pop culture is filled with stories about friendly, curious extraterrestrials visiting Earth to learn more about mankind. For Apollo 14 veteran Edgar Mitchell that plotline is less fiction than it is reality. The sixth man to walk the surface of the moon told Mirror online that he believes peace-keeping aliens visited our planet to prevent a nuclear war between Russia and the United States.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/...-war-on-earth/
    Last edited by davepool; 08-15-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

This story just proves the fact that space travel has no bad side effects on the human body is wrong.

Maybe he had a slow leak in his moon walking suit and didn't realize his brain was being affected by a lowering in suit pressure and oxygen deprivation.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Buzz Aldren also believes in Aliens.

Two outspoken pro-alien guys out of only two moon landing ain't bad odds. Just sayin'.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    This story just proves the fact that space travel has no bad side effects on the human body is wrong.

Maybe he had a slow leak in his moon walking suit and didn't realize his brain was being affected by a lowering in suit pressure and oxygen deprivation.
    Like a lot of things...a person is either paranoid, or they actually saw what they saw...

And then a lot have never seen much of anything.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

Two outspoken pro-alien guys out of only two moon landing ain't bad odds. Just sayin'.
    I believe in life in outer space....somewhere. Scientists keep saying earth, the Sun and our solar system are all just average. So, if Earth, and life on it is average for the universe, then based on averages, there is life elsewhere, too.

However, based on the great distances involved in space, I doubt any alien lifeforms have ever visited Earth. And, I doubt we'll ever be able to visit planets inhabited by intelligent lifeforms, either.

But, I could be wrong. Until I actually see proof that aliens have visited, or are visiting Earth, I'll remain skeptical of any physical alien contact.

On a side note, IF aliens ever do visit Earth, I'm sure we would all know about it (no government could hide that event). If I had traveled hundreds of millions of light years, when I arrived at my destination, I would want it broadcast all over the place just for the accomplishment of such a great feat.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I believe in life in outer space....somewhere. Scientists keep saying earth, the Sun and our solar system are all just average. So, if Earth, and life on it is average for the universe, then based on averages, there is life elsewhere, too.

However, based on the great distances involved in space, I doubt any alien lifeforms have ever visited Earth. And, I doubt we'll ever be able to visit planets inhabited by intelligent lifeforms, either.

But, I could be wrong. Until I actually see proof that aliens have visited, or are visiting Earth, I'll remain skeptical of any physical alien contact.

On a side note, IF aliens ever do visit Earth, I'm sure we would all know about it (no government could hide that event). If I had traveled hundreds of millions of light years, when I arrived at my destination, I would want it broadcast all over the place just for the accomplishment of such a great feat.
    Of course, if they were old enough civilization to travel the cosmos, then I would imagine they would colonize planets/bases as they went. And probably formed Federations with other civilizations...so, they probably have explorers out, a la Star Trek, that probably aren't based that far away, relative speaking. Also, they probably have made first contact thousands of time, so it's no big deal to them, but more like routine, and they have no need to grand stand.

What we might consider marvelous, they might consider a backwater civilization...
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Ali - rather than oxygen deprivation, being struck by all those cosmic rays (radiation) while outside Earth's atmospere and magnetic field may have had some detrimmental effects.
    Funky - they may have been the only ones to admit that belief. How many others may have decided to keep their feelings to themselves?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Maybe the aliens he's talking about are the ones that seeded this planet, and they just stop by every now and then when they realize we're about to do something really fuckin stupid.....i think we're due for another intervention.....soon.

I hope they have Hitlery's home address, that crazy bitch needs a flyover, maybe they can zap her with a neuralizer

So, if you had your tin foil hat properly tuned to the right frequency and could communicate with our friendly aliens, who would you send them to visit for a little "attitude "adjustment?