Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best damn banana i have ever eaten

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Another one that tickles me is the free range stuff. Just means the birds are in a huge pile in a barn climbing over each other rather then individual pens. It is still not a life. They still aren't roaming free outside like people think.
    But, Geico shows their chicken riding trains and touring the grand Canyon and says that's "free range." It's what they do....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    What's that stuff in the bottle with the pink label and Arabic writing?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I laugh at the term "organic food". Show me one food or nutrient that ISN'T based on carbon.

People pay extra for "organic" food. Well, if they show me where I can buy INORGANIC food, I'll pay the premium. In the mean time, I just laugh.

Well, if you want gmos, pesticides, and fertilisers have at it.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    What's that stuff in the bottle with the pink label and Arabic writing?
    Rose syrup. A little bit in a glass of ice water is amazing in the heat.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Another one that tickles me is the free range stuff. Just means the birds are in a huge pile in a barn climbing over each other rather then individual pens. It is still not a life. They still aren't roaming free outside like people think.

I'll admit it. Sometimes I go to Starbucks. I like their coffee.

Whenever the "barrista" (clerk) asks me if I want organic creamer in my latte, I tell her "no thanks, I prefer the inorganic creamer" which usually leaves speechless and with a blank look on her face.

Then I tell her "just use milk"... (wouldn't want her head to explode).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Well, if you want gmos, pesticides, and fertilisers have at it.

That's fine. Then call the food "naturally grown without pesticides or hormones".

But using the term "organic" is incorrect (even if it's constant mis-use has placed it in common language as meaning "natural").

"Organic" refers to science or material (or the science of materials) based on carbon.

Take any nutrient (starch, sugar, fat, etc) and oxidize it (burn it or combine it with oxygen).

You get energy (heat) and carbon. That's how life works.

Therefore, the nutrients are organic.

Animals work the same way as internal combustion engines (in fact, animals ARE internal combustion engines).

We take in fuel (hydrocarbons or carbohydrates) and oxidize it with inhaled air (oxygen).

The result is energy (body heat, motion and life processes in general) and exhaust (CO2 exhalations and excretion of unusable waste products in the fuel).

Amazing that the government doesn't require us to shove catalytic converters up our asses........
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

The bananas we eat are not the same as the bananas our parents ate. An interesting read about the fruit.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/saraboboltz/...f7c#.ydrA1vjjj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12