Thread: First time in 15 years!

First time in 15 years!

No, I didn't get laid. (though it wouldn't be that far of a stretch.)

I used to ride motorcycles a lot. Matter of fact, I am married and have two kids because I met my wife when riding. Well, one of my old riding friends/co-workers has a garage full of bikes and has been asking me if I would like to go ride. I sold my last bike, when my daughter was born.

Well the family went to the outer banks for the week, leaving me home. (work sucks.) My buddy finally got me on an after noon that I was free. He loaned me a jacket, helmet, and his 1986 BMW K75. My last bike was a 1990 K75s. I was a bit nervous at first, but after awhile it felt like old times. The sound of the in line three brought back some memories for sure. I do have a pic on my phone, so I will have to see about loading it up.

We road for a little over an hour. My old boots were a bit tight, but still did the job. It satisfied an itch that I have had for a bit. I have been thinking about getting another bike, the 2014 Honda CB 1100F (retro bike) really reminds me of some of the old mid 70's bikes that I used to have. But, with all that I have now and the little time that I do have. I really can't see spending the money on another hobby.

Sure was good to feel the wind in the face again. We tooled around some WV back roads, hit a twisty or two. I still wasn't 100% comfortable by the end of the ride. Was trying to concentrate on not hitting a deer, squirl, chicken, dog, truck etc. But I would do it again, and the offer is always there. Next time I will fill up the gas tanks for him. Was nice to do something different for a change.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Ah, the old CB 900 & 1100 F....the grandfather of the crotch rockets.

My last one was an '86 Suzuki Cavalcade. I gave it to some friends last year as it just got too heavy for me to support with my short, old legs.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not really into crotch rockets, but I have an old Suzuki 1400 Intruder that needs some work before it's roadworthy again, but my most recent bike is a 1997 HD 883. It runs like a dream and it feels great to get out and ride every once in a while.

Glad you got a chance to get out on the road and ride again. There's nothing like it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I did have a 'crotch rocket' once. I bought it from a co-worker in 94. It was a 92 year. I got it for 2,500.00. After the kid got his 3rd DUI, I gave him pay off on the bike. Rode it for a summer, put tires on it, then sold it for 4500.00!

I have had many different bikes over the years. I did have a Yamaha rz350 two stroke street bike. That thing was fast. Well family just got home from the beach.

Nothing quite like rolling on two wheels. The season is short here though.

Sounds like fun.
    I haven't ridden since I dumped my Honda CB360 on I-64 in St. Louis going to work one morning.
    Somebody was watching out for me as I rolled and skidded 200' down the highway (w/o getting run over!) yet walked away from it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”