Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Police Officer Ambushed

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Those seem to be Line of Duty Deaths, not quite the same
    How so? The officer murdered at the gas pump, the topic of this thread is the latest line of duty death. Is there a separate group of officers being murdered off duty that you know about?

Oh wait, I see. You are looking at an LEO that has been ambushed and murdered as being different than say an LEO killed in an exchange of gunfire or some other "line of duty" situation. AFAIR cops have been targeted from time to time since they put on a badge. Shot while stopping a car, been happening for probably 75+ years.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 08-30-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/08/30...t-fry-em-bacon

Black Lives Matter protesters marching on the Minnesota state fair on Saturday spewed violent anti-cop rhetoric just hours after a Harris County, Tex. sheriff’s deputy was ambushed and executed at a Houston-area gas station.

“Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon,” activists with the St. Paul, Minn. branch of Black Lives Matter chanted....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Oh wait, I see. You are looking at an LEO that has been ambushed and murdered as being different than say an LEO killed in an exchange of gunfire or some other "line of duty" situation.
    Right as far as the link you provided in relation to the OP story
    This coming after the news reporter shooting and others right on the air.
    Not saying it's not ever been done before but that list doesn't seem to be a particularly good comparison in this case
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Most people assume it's increasing due to more media coverage and more interest. If you think something is happening you tend to notice new examples and therefore there must be more of them happening. That's not always the case.
    This is why most people believe gun violence and mass shootings are up when in fact they are not.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Oh wait, I see. You are looking at an LEO that has been ambushed and murdered as being different than say an LEO killed in an exchange of gunfire or some other "line of duty" situation. AFAIR cops have been targeted from time to time since they put on a badge. Shot while stopping a car, been happening for probably 75+ years.
    I would go even farther back to the 1880s in the "wild west". Just something that hardened criminals do when they feel emboldened.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12