Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here gearing up for the Shemitah?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Anybody here gearing up for the Shemitah?

I was listening to Glenn Beck (yeah, I know) and he had a rabbi on who has written a book on the subject. He believes there is a pretty hard financial hit coming to the country. I suppose he could be right. I am pretty well prepped, Could be better.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    We are living in the Shemita right now and have been for most of a year. The last blood moon is in October, I believe, and then the Shemita should be over.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Is that spelled right?
    Seems like there should be "fan" on the end of it
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I suppose I could google & find out what the eff the "Shemitah" is but I'm too lazy.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    It has to do with the Jewish people and Jubilee year.

But if you're too lazy to look it up, it doesn't affect you anyway. :-)
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    It has to do with the Jewish people and Jubilee year.

But if you're too lazy to look it up, it doesn't affect you anyway. :-)
    "Ignorance Is Bliss"
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

It doesn't matter if you follow Hebrew holidays or not, those who run the fed and every other central bank, save for those in a very few nations such as Syria and Iran, do celebrate Hebrew holidays.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I think we are another year or two away. The Central banks only have so many more tricks they can pull.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...-Shemittah.htm
    http://www.shemitah-blood-moons.net/events.html

I see that the Asian stock market is already going down again! So tomorrow looks like more pain!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I've been reading up on this. First of all, the end of the Shemitah cycle is 7 days away and that's the day that has a strong correlation with economic collapse. But the correlation is not just on the day - it's around this day - as much as a full month before or after.

The economic events of this century have aligned very closely with the end of the Shemitah. The Shemitah is 7 years long and the last year is like a "Sabbath" year in which all debts are forgiven, fields go unplanted, production stops.

It applies to Israel, but the US and the world are also affected. It can be a blessing if the world is following God's will or a punishment if not. It should be obvious to all that the world is far from following God's will. There's a lot to it - I'm only scratching the surface here.

Seven years ago, we had a real shock. The central banks pulled out all of the stops and have been applying them ever since. They can not use QE any more than they already are without risking default of the US debt or rapid deflation. If they raise the interest rates in the current economic environment, they will kill the housing market again. Our country can not handle a collapse of any of the bubble markets. We can handle a correction which we just experienced but even this is dangerous due to the fact that all markets are stressed.

And this goes out globally.

If the stock market plunges this coming week, I strongly suggest shoring up your prep items...

I am pissed because I got squeezed this past month financially and had to sell off some of my silver. Silver is one financial prep that I recommend to help you through bad economic times. It should go way up in value - following inflation and exceeding it due to panic buying. Think ".22LR ammo".
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

What happened in 08 was the banksters went to congress and said if you don't bail out the collapse we created and manipulated there will be martial law in a few weeks time. So congress bailed out the banksters and their dependents ie auto makers, ins cos, etc "too big to fails". With what did congress bail out the banksters? Debt, they signed surety on debt to be paid by future generations of Americans to the private cabal who creates federal reserve notes out of thin air, charges us face value, labor, and materials. Congress gave the banksters trillions to be loaned out to their friends and to buy up toxic debt such as derivatives and the various bubbles such as housing and bond markets. It also allowed the fed to buy US tbills on our dime, wich they continue to do as Russia and China dump tbills onto the market. Little if any of the bailout money made it into the actual economy, it went from bank account to back account of the too big too fails and for the fed to buy up trillions in toxic assets to keep the ponzi scheme moving.

The problem is nothing that was wrong in 08 has been rectified. As a matter of fact, it's gotten several times worse. and another shock could bring the whole thing down. Another issue is with etfs, if they hit the sell limit they sell, and that can be done in the time it takes for a computer to calculate and process the data. So it could happen in a very short period of time if a few zillion etfs and other financial products hit the sell limit in the midst of the next crisis. It's all preprogrammed to come crashing down if the plunge protection team doesn't start buying and rule 48 doesn't put the breaks on like they did a week ago or so. And the fed knows it. So if the world economy collapses, you know who to blame.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/...ction-team.asp
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/1/48-hour-rule.asp
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 09-05-2015 at 05:22 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

O.S.O.K. - "rapid deflation" OR "hyper INflation"??
    Or is that just the flip sides of the same coin?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

5.56NATO - agree.

JTHunter - I've read both but also that we may see an initial deflation followed by rapid inflation. Don't ask me to explain why - I don't remember the details... probably the initial deflation caused by businesses lowering prices in the face of decreased consumer spending and then the inflation as the economic conditions force the interest rate increases by the central banks.

This time around, as 5.56NATO says, the usual monetary tools simply will be overwhelmed and won't work. Creating debt requires someone to purchase the debt and there won't be anybody. They played their hand 7 years ago when they should have allowed the banks to file chapter 11. We would have taken a hit, but not nearly like we're facing now.

What we don't want is to be holding credit card debt or other debt with adjustable interest rates. But really, it may not matter if we all start getting laid off due to lack of consumer spending or lose our business for the same reason. People have to spend money in order to drive the economy. No sales, no revenue, no revenue, no jobs, etc...

The only way to almost guarantee your survival in-place financially, keeping your house and such is to have no debt and have enough "inflation proof" assets to pay the sure-to-increase property taxes. Yes, even if you flat-out own your house/land, the local government can and will increase taxes in desperation. If you default on your taxes, you lose your property.

We shall see how things go in the next month. I am certainly hoping that we buck the trend and hold on in spite of the many forces pushing for a downfall.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 09-07-2015 at 03:03 PM.

On the note of losing property due to taxes not being paid, I have a question. What does everyone think about this scenario;
    Say one day, in the midst of utter financial collapse, the fedgov comes on the tv, radio, and pc and says all private property lines have been erased and all private property has been confiscated by the fedgov (and its creditors).

Do you think Americans would go along with that?

I don't think it will fly anywhere in the US.

Quest oculus non vide, cor non delet.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

all private property has been confiscated by the fedgov (and its creditors).

They're going to have a bad bad day.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Great way to start a revolution. The .gov will not get people to willingly or even under duress to submit to mass confiscation of property. They can make all of the declarations they want but it will only inspire people to organize and demand that their state secede. I know that's what would happen here in MS.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    They're going to have a bad bad day.
    That's an understatement

They may try gun confiscation ( good luck with that shit) , but this will never happen in America

This is a liberal masturbation fantasy..........never happenn
    Last edited by davepool; 09-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Today is 29 Elul. The last day of the Shemitah.

So, what's in store in the coming weeks? Do we see an economic crash? Will it start with Wall Street or something else?

We've seen economic down-turns of increasing severity every 7 years in this country 2008, 2001, 1994, 1987, 1980, 1973....

Regardless of the cause, this 7 year cycle is a historical fact. And they have been building in magnitude.

If we see a stock market crash more severe than the one in 2008 with more severe effects, there is nothing our government or the Fed can do to alleviate it. They spent all of their ammo in 2008 and ongoing to today - with very poor results.

A Major Bank Just Made Global Financial "Meltdown" Its Base Case: "The Worst The World Has Ever Seen"
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ld-has-ever-se

I guess their premise is on the wise of the US collapse of 1929. The US, as one of the the largest economies on earth at the time, goes down (because the banksters started calling in loans and denying new loans) and takes the developed (real meaning here; artificially interdependent) world with it. The world is much more intertwined as far as economies go today than it was in 1929, and the debt carried by nations let alone citizens and corporations is huge. And leveraging all of that debt is the financial product known as derivatives. It took years after 1929 for it all to unravel, apparently the worst was in 1933 yet it started a few years before and wasn't "over" untill ww2. The issue today is as all financial and stock exhanges are electronically connected the crash can come at the speed of a cpu command, when it hits it might hit hard right from the begining. This time, the US role is reprised by China.

Late 1932: Stocks reached their lowest point
    November 1932: Franklin D. Roosevelt beat Herbert Hoover in a landslide
    March 1933: Franklin D. Roosevelt took office
    1933: More than 11,000 of the nation’s 25,000 banks had closed
    1933: Roosevelt announced a three-day “bank holiday” to prevent a third run on banks and to shore up the banking system
    1933: Unemployment reached its highest level, at 25%

"It was in large part to improve the management of banking panics that the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. However, as Friedman and Schwartz discuss in some detail, in the early 1930s the Federal Reserve did not serve that function. The problem within the Fed was largely doctrinal: Fed officials appeared to subscribe to Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon’s infamous ‘liquidationist’ thesis, that weeding out “weak” banks was a harsh but necessary prerequisite to the recovery of the banking system. Moreover, most of the failing banks were small banks (as opposed to what we would now call money-center banks) and not members of the Federal Reserve System. Thus the Fed saw no particular need to try to stem the panics. At the same time, the large banks – which would have intervened before the founding of the Fed – felt that protecting their smaller brethren was no longer their responsibility. Indeed, since the large banks felt confident that the Fed would protect them if necessary, the weeding out of small competitors was a positive good, from their point of view.

In short, according to Friedman and Schwartz, because of institutional changes and misguided doctrines, the banking panics of the Great Contraction were much more severe and widespread than would have normally occurred during a downturn. …

Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You’re right, we did it. We’re very sorry. But thanks to you, we won’t do it again.

Best wishes for your next ninety years."

Ben Bernanke at a Nov. 8, 2002, conference to honor Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman’s 90th birthday
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 09-13-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast