Thread: Falling Skies Season Finale SPOILER ALERT

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post Falling Skies Season Finale SPOILER ALERT

If you didn't watch it last night then don't read any further.

Where to start? After four years of episodes I have to admit, at least for me the show had run it's course. The biggest draw for me was always the wide variety of weapons the cast had access to with the whole, "survival of the human race" running in second place. Thought the climax was way underdone last night. They had suggested that once the "queen" was vanquished the rest of the aliens would be wiped out. That did in fact happen but I had expected them to more or less fall down and not explode.

Ann being pregnant and dying was lame too. I figured she'd be saved but why the new pregnancy? Guess they were trying to show the renewal of the human race or something. As far as Pope goes that was lame too. I told my wife last week that unless they uncovered his body after the explosion I wasn't buying it that he was dead. My thought was he'd reappear at the last minute and help Tom finish off the queen, dying in the process as a sort of act of redemption. Showing up on the beach, mortally wounded and offering his life to Tom was just a little much. Would have liked to know if Ben's spikes dissolved away after the queen died since they didn't explode like everything else. Oh, and Hall asking Maggie to marry him in the middle of that sequence was really lame. Not just because of when and how he did it but because I thought the brunette was hotter and less skanked.

Overall I enjoyed it for the biggest part of the run but as I said, it had run it's course for me at least. Time to find something else to watch.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Ben kept his spikes. You could see them in the presidential speech scene. I too was disappointed in the final episode.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

While it ended on a good note! I was very disappointed in his Line, There used to be a Country called America! Bull, There will always be an America. This reminds me of Star Trek, where they took away the Names of the Countries. for instance, West Palm Beach, North America, not Florida. That was the mistake of Star Trek, and the mistake of the Ending. It reminds me of the one World Order crap.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I avoided this thread until I had a chance to see the final episode that dvr'd over the weekend. I too didn't believe Pope was dead, if you don't see the body they aren't really dead. How they used his surprise return only to wheeze his last on the beach I also thought was weak. I expected the new alien to save Ann and sure enough they did. I was so over the series I didn't even watch it last year but did pick back up on it this year.