Thread: So with the stroke of a pen, OBAMA just goes and RENAMES Mount McKinley

So with the stroke of a pen, OBAMA just goes and RENAMES Mount McKinley

Yep, he's proving that he doesn't give a shit about rules, regulations or just common courtesy.

I think it's just a poke in the eye to Republicans, since President William McKinley was assassinated in 1901 and was a Republican. I doubt Obama would ever do that to any national monument/mountain/structure named after a DEMOCRAT.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Can't say I agree with his actions but is he actually violating a law or exceeding executive privilege? I'm asking because I really don't know if this is just something that can be done but hasn't or it's actually something he can't legally do? Apparently Alaska changed the name in 1975 so Obama is aligning the federal designation with the state designation so is this a states rights issued being recognized by the Fed?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 08-31-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Yep, he's proving that he doesn't give a shit about rules, regulations or just common courtesy.

I think it's just a poke in the eye to Republicans, since President William McKinley was assassinated in 1901 and was a Republican. I doubt Obama would ever do that to any national monument/mountain/structure named after a DEMOCRAT.
    During the War of Northern Aggression, McKinley enlisted in the Union army as a Private and ended up a major. He fought in battles such an Antietam to end slavery. Later, according to most historians he was a very good President. However to Obama, McKinley is just another old dead white man to be disrespected.

Just trying to buy votes.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Can't say I agree with his actions but is he actually violating a law or exceeding executive privilege? I'm asking because I really don't know if this is just something that can be done but hasn't or it's actually something he can't legally do? Apparently Alaska changed the name in 1975 so Obama is aligning the federal designation with the state designation so is this a states rights issued being recognized by the Fed?
    Of course, you're right. It is arguable that he does have the right to rename a national monument. But to just SPRING it on people, unilaterally, smacks of 'Fuck you" attitude he has adopted in his last days. And to think that shit turd Tarentino LOVES obama because he does what ever he wants.....

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

As an Ohio born whatever the fuck I am, I would like to extend two middle fingers to this fuck.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Of course, you're right. It is arguable that he does have the right to rename a national monument. But to just SPRING it on people, unilaterally, smacks of 'Fuck you" attitude he has adopted in his last days. And to think that shit turd Tarentino LOVES obama because he does what ever he wants.....
    I think he does this to distract from the things he does that are really questionable. At the moment what he is trying to keep people from talking and thinking about is the Iran Nuclear Treaty (I refuse to call it a deal). If he can keep the majority of the country distracted it will be done and once it is done, no matter what Republicans or Independents say, it will be almost impossible to remove.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member