Thread: Ceremonial Guard Yugoslavian Model 59/66 7.62x39 SKS Rifles

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Ceremonial Guard Yugoslavian Model 59/66 7.62x39 SKS Rifles

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I'll probably kick myself in the future for not getting one.

Here are some Slovenian honor guards with these rifles, described as "re-worked" M59/66 rifles.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Damn they sure are nice looking. I guess everything would match but it is a hefty price.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

There was a batch of them that came in about 11 years ago , sadly the price wasn't much different even then.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Don't care for the recoil pad. The stocks look extremely uniform. Are they synthetic or coated? They'd be a great addition to and SKS collection. I'm just not that degree of collector.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

IF a person is an SKS collector you do need one of these. Yes it's high but I'm sure they didn't make millions or even tens of thousands of these. They should hold their value.

I'm really tempted by this.

My only concern is that it would kill the last of my 2015 fun money, and I won't even ever shoot the rifle.

So I'm stuck choosing between buying gun supplies that I need, or buying a collectible safe queen that will never be fired.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

My only concern is that it would kill the last of my 2015 fun money, and I won't even ever shoot the rifle.

So I'm stuck choosing between buying gun supplies that I need, or buying a collectible safe queen that will never be fired.
    When money is tight, buy things you can use. Collectibles are only collectible when there is spare money.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Don't care for the recoil pad. The stocks look extremely uniform. Are they synthetic or coated? They'd be a great addition to and SKS collection. I'm just not that degree of collector.
    Those stocks looks synthetic, actually they just look plastic (which is a cheaper synthetic).
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    When money is tight, buy things you can use. Collectibles are only collectible when there is spare money.

Good advice. That makes the opportunity cost sting a little less.

Good advice. That makes the opportunity cost sting a little less.
    It will still sting, but not as much. Once I realized this it changed the way I spend money and I now have more of it with more useful things. Even my collectible firearms are useful and were bought with the idea that I wanted to be able to shoot them without worrying about value.

NRA Endowment Member

There are also these rifles from AIM that are about $200 less. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...x39+SKS+Rifles

NRA Endowment Member

I'm still stewing on this. There are only 69 left, and there is nothing saying that I can't shoot this. I was already thinking of getting an M77 (Yugo .308 AK) for nearly the same price, and this SKS would be way more collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    There are also these rifles from AIM that are about $200 less. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...x39+SKS+Rifles

The $200 dollar difference to upgrade to something no one else will have might be worth it.

Those do look nice. If I was an SKS collector I would jump all over that. I think that is a fair price for what you are getting. But when I am not an SKS collector I am going to pass at that price. I already have an SKS. The stocks do look really good. almost like what you see on an airsoft gun which makes me wonder what they are made of. It is real wood some one did a really good job of crafting those.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

I guarantee you're going to regret not buying one for a whole lot longer than you would regret buying one.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm still stewing on this. There are only 69 left, and there is nothing saying that I can't shoot this. I was already thinking of getting an M77 (Yugo .308 AK) for nearly the same price, and this SKS would be way more collectible.
    And that should tell you how desireable they are if there is only 69 left. They probably had a couple hundred to start.

Sold out. I didn't get one. Oh well. I'll have more money for projects that I was previously committed to.