Thread: Communication Sent to Ruger CEO

Communication Sent to Ruger CEO

Just sent a communication to Ruger's CEO request their next gun be something I have always wanted - a Ruger reproduction of the Remington Model 8. If not a new Model 8 I want a long recoil operated centerfire rifle with a rotating bolt. Has anyone here ever fired a Remington Model 8?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well, good luck. I don't think those sold that well the first time. I understand your attraction to them - I owned one and it's a very cool design. Kinda heavy but very cool.

I personally would like to see a Blackhawk in .480 Ruger - even if it's a 5 shot.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Well, good luck. I don't think those sold that well the first time. I understand your attraction to them - I owned one and it's a very cool design. Kinda heavy but very cool.

I personally would like to see a Blackhawk in .480 Ruger - even if it's a 5 shot.

If my memory is correct (which anymore it often is not) the Model 8 was sold by Remington starting in 1906 and ending in 1950. I think that during this run they sold about 80 thousand or so which doesn't seem like a big number. After buying a Ruger SR 556 no gun seems heavy to me anymore. There is a video of a guy shooting a .35 Model 8 on Youtube and it appears to hit pretty hard.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/a...del-81-review/ It is what I thought you were talking about. Meah ... it's time came and went. There are better firearms now.

Cost of .35 rem kills it.

ME, I wish winchester would put out a limited run of '07's + magazines.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I've handled a couple of Model 8's and 81's but never fired either and didn't purchase the ones I could have but a new manufacture might be interesting.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Guns like the model 8 will never be seen again, they cost way to much to manufacture and offer no benefit over cheaper designs.

A mini-14 in .35 rem I could get behind though.