Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what is the ONE firearm you regret NOT buying?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

All states run by Democraps.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Group Industries made the receivers. Vector finished them out after the law suit with BATFE was settled and BATFE lost. Yeah, I should of scraped up the money for one as well but at the time I was in NC and you have to sue the leo's to make them sign a form 4.
    Yep, I think El Duce bought one of the last ones before Vector ran out. I asked him once if he had any regrets about buying it and IIRC he said the only regret he had was in not buying more than one. Forget what he paid but I would guess the value at least doubled very quickly after the last one was sold.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

Back in the late 80's these were under $500 and I was going to spend the "other" 6 months worth of car insurance $$ to buy one. (I only paid for 6 months for a year back then).
    But never did and I kick myself now because I wanted to have one as a carry pistol (Yes I know VERY heavy, but they hold 20rds ad that was a lot back then)

these days they are for sale on gunbroker for over $1400.

BISHOP
    There is a Micro-Uzi pistol currently on consignment at a local shop. It comes with the original case, manual, and a bunch of mags. $1600

Group Industries made the receivers.
    Group there ya go, thanks. I knew it started with a G
    At least I think I knew that.
    Damn my brain these days
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I have a Group Industries Semi-auto Uzi's. Wish it was the papered subgun.

I have a Group Industries Semi-auto Uzi's. Wish it was the papered subgun.
    Damn straight. The papered Sub gun would have skyrocketed in value about 500% by now.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I was offered a test fired only serial #00002 for $10K a while back...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

I was offered a test fired only serial #00002 for $10K a while back...
    Before desert storm the Barret rifle was about $3500. Then DOD discovered it and the price shot through the roof! Been there ever since.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 10-03-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Yep, I think El Duce bought one of the last ones before Vector ran out. I asked him once if he had any regrets about buying it and IIRC he said the only regret he had was in not buying more than one. Forget what he paid but I would guess the value at least doubled very quickly after the last one was sold.
    Yes I did, I got one of the last ones in a group buy. I paid a whopping 2750.00 for the Uzi. If I wanted to sell it TODAY I could get 10k for it. If I wanted to sell it in a week, I could get 12 with all of the accessories that I have with it. Regrets. Thing is. At the time I could have bought more than one. But the wife thought that I was crazy for spending that much on ONE gun. I bought a M/11 for more than I paid for the Uzi. (3 k) Now those are selling for double.

I remember checking the prices on Uzi's after Vector ran out. Almost over night prices about doubled. Awhile ago I told the wife how much they were worth. Her reply. Really? You should sell yours and buy another when the price goes down....I laughed!

One thing that I also regret. Not buying more of the 99.00 ak kits when they were available. I made some decent money on the re sale of those. Now a days. Not much interests me in the firearms world. I do check the local papers to see what is available. But with two high school aged kids. You can guess where most of my "extra" money goes!

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I remember checking the prices on Uzi's after Vector ran out. Almost over night prices about doubled. Awhile ago I told the wife how much they were worth. Her reply. Really? You should sell yours and buy another when the price goes down....I laughed!
    Ah ... good thing I had just swallowed my coffee when I read this line! It must be estrogen, women just DON"T GET IT!

Should have bought a bunch of stuff back in the day.
    A receipt I found today while cleaning my garage:

I mostly regret not buying more ammo when 9mm and 7.62x39 could be had for $80/1000 rounds or when the Turk 8mm was 3 cents a round.

As for guns there's a few but nothing heart stopping. Wish I had gotten the systimas when they were cheap, I passed on a polytech legend for $800 a few years back, the $150 saiga 12s, and I shoulda gotten a CETME when they were $300 and came with a wood stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12